WEATHER UPDATE

I dont know what it is like where you live but here in Aude, it is extremely cold, extremely wet (lashing rain last night and so far all today) grey clouds not a sign of blue and its nearly May.  My garden is waterlogged and the trees are bending over - when will it stop?

Down here on the Med it has been poring with rain all day and cold, the same is forecast tomorrow and the rest of the week unsettled and unseasonably cool! The weather so far this year has been rubbish and I fear we are in for another poor summer.

Meanwhile, watching the London Marathon, is has been warm and sunny in London!

[quote user="hakunamatata"]I dont know what it is like where you live but here in Aude, it is extremely cold, extremely wet (lashing rain last night and so far all today) grey clouds not a sign of blue and its nearly May.  My garden is waterlogged and the trees are bending over - when will it stop?[/quote]

Rain is forecast all next week until Saturday.  Go here http://fr.weather.com/national  and enter your post code in the search box

It's been absolutely beautiful in Kerry for the last 2 months[:P] You should see our solanums! I don't know why people go to France thinking the weather is tropical compared to the UK, you are just deluded indeed. France is lovely though, and the bread is second to none, but the weather is as unpredictable as it is in the UK. There are some great property bargains now in Ireland, and due to the global warming[:D] (what a load of bollox) the weather is much like that of Portugal.

The very first house we ever viewed in France was in the Vendee in august 1999. We were there for 5 days and it lashed rain every single day. We have been there again in 2002 and in 2007, and it was exactly the same. The agent claimed it was the sunniest place in France! They are the friendliest French people I have ever encountered though, I have to give them that.

Admittedly, it didn't rain here today in the south Charente.  But, the wind is cold and it's been threatening to rain all day.

Got soaked to the skin walking the dog on 2 consecutive mornings and I could have sworn we were back in South Wales (where we came from).

Have been here 2 years now and everybody's been telling us that the last 2 summers haven't been "normal" and "not typical".  Also, that this last winter has been "unusual".

I'd like to know when I'm going to experience a typical warm summer and a short winter.  After all, one of the reasons for moving this far south is, you guessed it, the WEATHER.

[quote user="Sprogster"]

Down here on the Med it has been poring with rain all day and cold, the same is forecast tomorrow and the rest of the week unsettled and unseasonably cool! The weather so far this year has been rubbish and I fear we are in for another poor summer.

[/quote]

It's been brilliant in Surrey this last week or so but weather forecast is for cooler and wet weather this coming week.[:(]

We are in the Charente & granted it was raining & chilly on Saturday (unfortunate as we had a wedding party staying) but last week was glorious - Thursday & Friday we registered 34'C & we have had very little rain now for weeks with lots of lovely sunny days....am I living in a bubble?????

[quote user="Frederick"]Very sunny and warm here South Verndee bikini's sighted on the beach at La Tranche today just to improve the view a bit ![/quote]

So you saw me then Frederick.  [8-|]

Incidentially Mrs Benjamin decided she wanted a beer and I had an expresso at a cafe-bar in the centre. Mine cost €1,50 but for a 25cl glass of Leffe we were charged a whopping €3,60. We'll not be spending any money there again.  [6]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Have been here 2 years now and everybody's been telling us that the last 2 summers haven't been "normal" and "not typical".  Also, that this last winter has been "unusual".

I'd like to know when I'm going to experience a typical warm summer and a short winter.  After all, one of the reasons for moving this far south is, you guessed it, the WEATHER.

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better - though in my case this is my first full winter, but I was expecting to be out of winter clothes and not  much heating down here in the south by this time.  Every time we think to dispense with the log burner, the cold weather arrives back - again! And this year, the forecast has not been particularly accurate as far as I can see. 

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="sweet 17"]

I'd like to know when I'm going to experience a typical warm summer and a short winter.  After all, one of the reasons for moving this far south is, you guessed it, the WEATHER.[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better - though in my case this is my first full winter, but I was expecting to be out of winter clothes and not  much heating down here in the south by this time.  Every time we think to dispense with the log burner, the cold weather arrives back - again! And this year, the forecast has not been particularly accurate as far as I can see.  [/quote]

For the past 2 springs I have been for my first swim of the year at some point in April, the sea being cold but bearable and the sun really hot with no wind. This year no chance of that as yet. We have enjoyed a few hot days but either the sea was really too cold or there was a very chilling wind at the water's edge. The wind surfers have been having a field day, but then they wear wet suits ...

Edit: Just read this ... hmm

Sue

[quote user="Sprogster"]

[/quote]

Hey hey! [:D] I was in the Var last week , I had a swim at the beach on tuesday !! and got a suntan! [:)]

Margaret,

Absolutely - lots of lovely sun is a definitely a requirement now, with just a little breeze to keep the temperature just right in the middle of the day.  It has been particular cold and wet and windy this year, and April has hardly been sunny, and don't my old bones just know it!

Hope yr hubby is feeling better now, and that you are a little less stressed, though in this weather it isn't be easy to be cheerful, I know.

We are going to England soon for a special family event and I cannot wait just to feel warm as most days the weather is better in our area there than here.  The kids there have great delight in letting us know that as well.  [:)] [:)]