Leclerc WiFi Hotspot

Hi Folks,

Has anyone any information regarding a WiFi internet service at Leclerc stores, in particular the one in Ruffec please. We are comming over for a week and would like to be able to pick up emails. I've heard that they can provide a service, I'm wondering whether its just a hot spot, or if you can pay them per usage!

I cant seem to find any postings on this subject. I have looked into getting a broadband dongle in the UK, but the roaming costs are astronomical.

Many Thanks

[quote user="teapot"]

How's the coffee?

[/quote]

Well I bought a coffee once in McDonalds in the UK, when I was forced in there by the grandchildren, never again as it was so awful - undrinkable. But perhaps it might be better here in France.

Sue

Col&hel - No, you don't need anything else if you have built in wifi.

Your internal wifi will detect the hotspot: open 'connections' then 'wifi connections' 'refresh the list' to detect the hotspot. Click on it to connect.

If connection requires a password, it will prompt you, and maybe you'll need to buy something. I've used McDo wifi sitting outside in my car, but not recently. 

Make sure your anti-virus is up to date when using public wifi, and don't check your bank accounts. [;-)]

[quote user="Colandhelinfrance"]

Thank for the McDonalds info. Without seeming too thick, will I be able to connect with my laptop which has wifi built in, or would I still have to get a broadband dongle?[/quote]

AFAIK when you buy something at Mc'ds, you can ask for free wifi and they will give you a scratch card, you connect to their wifi and then enter the number. The connection lasts around 20 mins per scratch card.

This was my experience in Spain.