How to win friends and influence people

JMB

[quote user="Cerise"]Are you surprised?  I'm not.[/quote]

I am, how can you get 15000€ from the CPAM? 

The article does not explain for security reasons how the money was obtained.  Is this people claiming to not have any income and getting medical treatment free?  On another point, I thought those not on E forms paid 11% of their income to URSSAF?.

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

On another point, I thought those not on E forms paid 11% of their income to URSSAF?.[/quote]

No, 8% is right for the contribution to health cover. And 12.1% contributions sociales; which was 11% last year.

Sue

Probably someone or some people who hid their income to qualify for the CMU de base and then had an operation or prolonged medical treatment.

I was shocked that the British Cmu'ists numbered 5% in that region, if the figures were for those with free CMU de base cover then for mez it is amazingly high given the numbers of poor French that legitamately claim it.

I know a French guy who had his CMU de base withdrawn, I had to read and explain the letters for him as he is illiterate, he has a relatively small incapacity pension under the CMU limit but following a control they added a sum to his income for the benefit of living at home with his elderly mother which took him over the plafond. As some sort of compensation he qualified for a fixed sum IIRC correctly towards a recognised mutuelle cotisation and there was a form enclosed for this purpose.

This guy has the mental age of a child and is an alcoholic and social outcast (if you knew my region you would realise how bad that makes him) and is to all purposes unemployable, he showed me his bank statements, another of his problems he did not know he was overdrawn or understand the concept, and what he had coming in was very little indeed.

If 5% of the CMU claimants in that region are worse off than him then I am very shocked and feel very sorry for them.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2009/02/11/01011-20090211FILWWW00661-fraude-au-rmi-6-personnes-condamnee.php

[quote user="Google Translate"]Pleading good faith, the accused said they did not know that they had to mention their properties or securities held in the bank on their RMI application form.

A 64-year-old Welshman, who must repay € 3000 to the Conseil Général and € 3800to the  Caisse Primaire d'Assurance Maladie for receiving universal

health coverage (CMU), had bought a house in the Dordogne in 1991 to

rent out as a gite.

In the absence of daily income at the beginning of his project,

he started receiving the RMI without mentioning the value of his property,

estimated at over € 460,000.
[/quote]

Not the same case Clair, this is the fraud alluded to in the intro.  This fraud took place on 2008 and involved the CMU.  It may well be as JR said they paid nothing by lying about their income and then claimed loads off the CMU.  Be funny if it was one of those down there moaning about not getting their UK winter fuel allowance!!

I am not surprised by the low % of British immigrants paying into the CMU, a large number are surely on E forms of one kind or another.