Senseo Coffee Maker recall

I know that several members here have discussed these coffee makers and should be aware of a possible recall by Philips (mine falls into this category). Check out your product number and production date on the Senseo website (www.senseo.com)

Brian (again)

Couldnt get any joy Brian, the Senseo site brings up a link regarding the recall for about one nano-second, if you are quick enough to catch it it goes to the Phillips web-site which will not load. The French site makes no mention of it.

Are all the traditional Senseo machines made by Phillips? if so does it concern models sold in England or France? I have both.

Also what is the actual problem? My French bought one does seem to leak occasionally but I have always put it down to either overfilling the reservoir or calcaire on the valve seat.

No problems yet with the bargain basement UK one which I got at Makro for £19.99.

Thankyou very much Brian, as it turns out, ours is included. A right pain!!

JR, you just had scroll over 'discover more' or 'autres promotions' & click on the recall bit. Here are the links for France & UK, for those that may need to check.

http://www.philips.fr/service/senseo/index.page

http://www.philips.co.uk/service/senseo/index.page

Mmmm......in France, it'll take 12 days & be repaired. In the UK it'll be 6 weeks, but a replacement. [8-)]

ours fallsinto the recall ones aswell I had to type the model number in and date andregister and then they will send a box out for you to post it back to them free of charge and then you will hopefully get it back or anew one within 12 days

[quote user="JayJay"]

Thankyou very much Brian, as it turns out, ours is included. A right pain!!

[/quote]

Mine too.  I don't know how I'm going to last "12 days" without it, I use it a few times a day.  I have a water softenener so there is no calcaire on it at all (the root of the problem/recall) and I'm in two minds whether to send it off or not.

Well JR, that's odd, as yesterday on the UK site, it definitely stated that once sent back, it would take up to 6 weeks for you to receive a replacement, no mention of repair. That is why I mentioned it on my post above. Obviously they've updated the site now.

• 2 months later...
An update,

After waiting several weeks the packaging in which to return the coffee maker,  finally arrived.  I took mine in to the local DHL drop off on Monday and received a new replacement today Thursday. I guess the quoted time for replacement allows a good margin of error for Philips.

One minor quibble with the Philips paperwork/website is that the list of drop-off points did not include the obvious - the local DHL drop-off, esp. if it's closer than those listed by them.

Brian (again)