Goodbye everyone

I have been using this forum for eight years. It has been so very very helpful, both before and during my stay here. Now, because I really really want to I am going back to a new life in the UK. I shall miss some aspects of France, mainly the wildlife. I shan't miss the slow pace, frankly I have found that very boring. It has taken me a long time to realise that one of the things I really miss about my past life in UK, is the fight and challenge. I was always fighting for some injustice, or good cause. Always trying to change bad things. Here I find life so unchallenging, (except womens issues) I personally find, doing nothing but socializing, gardening, drinking, shopping ,boring. I have tried to get involved but it's not easy doing voluntary work here. It has been my priviledge to officiate at a few funerals for fellow expats, and at a baptism, but it's just not enough. As many know since I came here alone and vulnerable after a nervous breakdown, i have made a few wrong decisions. A short very unhappy marriage. I have been very lonely at times, but I have also made some good friends. Also sadly for the first time in my life some people I would really rather never ever see again. Through my own vulnerbility I have been tested. I drink very little, but many people just want to ram it down your throat, because it's not the done thing, not to drink in France. I have met more 'illegal'people here than I did in UK. Ex pats who are proud to be working illegally, not paying taxes, and not bothering with the laws of their adopted country, and frankly its sickened me. I have though met good honest genuine people too. I have always been very much against racism. Here I have  experienced it myself, which has been positive for me.Now I understand far more why communities from one country stick together, watch their own countries telly, and want to eat some of their own food. The French do it, brits do it.I have learnt that UK means so very very much to me. I am proud to be British, and I want to be there for the bad times and do my bit.I want so much to be with my family to. Also I want to be able to shout about my faith again. Sadly I found the local Anglican community very very unfriendly. They really do need to step back and evalate what christianity is all about. So folks much love. I am not coming back to FranceI have no need to. Blessings and happy lives to you all. Mooky x x x

Mooky, it looks like that was a hard post to write. I hope you find the sanctity in the UK that you clearly crave. You have, with your candid observations on French life, crystallized that France is not always the panacea that we are led to believe. Well done for making this heard decision.

Giles

Thanks for all your posts down the years as Mooky and the other one. I shall always treasure the memory of the day the gendarmes stopped you and you had a dog collar and a bra on the passenger seat. I wish all the very best of luck in England.

Hoddy

Good luck Mooky, I know exactly where you are coming from and going to!

It takes a bit of getting used to here in the UK but I have no regrets, either going to France or returning to the UK and I'm sure things will go well for you too.

IT's the anniversary of my first month back today and my son is settled and loves his school, I am happy to be still working from home with the odd day in the office and I have made a low offer on a house and it's been accepted, so far so good.

Hope you manage to get on here occasionally and update your situation.

Panda x