Xenon headlights for Cars

mint

Thanks for that timely warning, Peter.  The kits I looked at were in the region of £100.  Clearly, I haven't been looking at the appropriate replacements at all.

Will be more careful and "will do better"!

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
The kits that you see will just replace your existing bulb with a HID Xenon bulb and the ballast to run it. It should still dip the same way as the original. Modern cars, including some in France have as standard HID xenon fitted to projector headlights which can have a flat dip, but most don't, my HIDs dip to the right.

Weedon, you are right, of course.  But I just had to go to a garage and looked at the cars to see what was meant.

Don't forget, here's someone who knows next to nothing about cars and, moreover, even managed to write off a whole door driving her own car![:-))]

Don't you know anybody that cuts grass every other day through the summer that would like to have an in depth discussion?  That could be quite a good one to swop with.  My kids know somebody who does.  Saves them a fortune in phone calls coz they have stopped making them.

Now normally I start off with my side ejector Jonsered to cut the grass along the lane.....are you still there??  Then I get the Westwood out...............Oh! she's gone.[:(]

A Westwood, is that what you have, Weedon?

Mine is a Husqvana and you know that mixture you use for the tank?  Well, mine seems to just guzzle that up.  What do you put in your tank? 

What would you say are the comparative merits of a Westwood and a Husqvana?  What width cut do you get with yours?

JJ, does Shaun the Sheep have xenon headlights instead of eyes?  Now that alone would be a conversation stopper, don't you think?

I digress sorry, not trying to hijack but thought we'd done Xenon.[8-|]
Don't laugh, I don't have Xenon on anything, (I hate them and those noncy LED's on cars that shout look at me) but I have mown a lawn by the light of the Halogen's on the 'B'.  I think any lights would frighten Shaun away. I wouldn't want to do that, as a friend of mine once said, once they have finished mowing the lawn (his was quite steep with a bit of a coppice in amongst as well) you can eat them, what other lawn mower can you do that with?! [:D]

PS. Have you got Xenon on the new mobile or are you still 'researching'?

[quote user="just john "]

I don't have Xenon on anything, (I hate them and those noncy LED's on cars that shout look at me) but I have mown a lawn by the light of the Halogen's on the 'B'.  [/quote]

Sounds like you have a Xenonphobia John?  A dislike of foreign headlamps.

[quote user="Weedon"][quote user="just john "]

I don't have Xenon on anything, (I hate them and those noncy LED's on cars that shout look at me) but I have mown a lawn by the light of the Halogen's on the 'B'.  [/quote]

Sounds like you have a Xenonphobia John?  A dislike of foreign headlamps.

[/quote]

Now, that, I do like, Weedon![:D]