the hardest thing about living in France is...

Rose

The talk of motherhood at what I would call a sensible age (my mum was 30 when she had me and 45 when she died) made me think of one of the hardest/saddest things that I see whilst living in my area of France.

Young, energetic, dynamic, intelligent people with all the opportunities in the world ahead of  them falling pregnant before they even finish their initial education.

I reckon 99% of the young girls in my area are living in HLM flats with one or more children before they are 20.

[quote user="Iceni"]

So what is your shorthand for unjust hurry ?

BTW if you were not late you would not have been behind that caravan - so you know it is your own fault. [kiss]

John

not

[/quote]

unjurry????? (Think I might be getting myself in a bit of a hole here - where's that shovel?)[:$]

Fi

[quote user="Chancer"]

The talk of motherhood at what I would call a sensible age (my mum was 30 when she had me and 45 when she died) made me think of one of the hardest/saddest things that I see whilst living in my area of France.

Young, energetic, dynamic, intelligent people with all the opportunities in the world ahead of  them falling pregnant before they even finish their initial education.

I reckon 99% of the young girls in my area are living in HLM flats with one or more children before they are 20.

[/quote]

Mine was 30 when she had me too. She got to 58 before she popped off (although that was self inflicted). My dad went the year before.

I'm an awful now. Sorry, an orphan. That's the word.