the hardest thing about living in France is...

Rose

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Instant Messenger : http://messenger.msn.com/DOWNLOAD/GETSTARTED.ASPX

I often IM with friends in the USA ( I was 'chatting to a friend in Boston a couple of hours ago) and France.....google have a similar system too.

[/quote]

Oh... MSN...[:D] yes we use that with webcams... and facebook... and email... and skype.  And time does go quickly... but sitting down with a drink and just laughing and laughing over the silliest thing or walking arm in arm through the street and chatting or going shopping together are all the things that I miss the most... but I guess that is the price I pay for living here and loving where I live... and she does bring out t-bags when she comes to visit so it's not all bad [:D]

But isn't it great when you do meet up again?

My worst is knowing that my newly widowed mother could really do with my company and support, but it's a bit difficult from 800km away. But we do have lengthy and slightly deranged phone calls which make up for it some little way. 

Fi

[quote user="marie-alice"]The hardest thing about living in France is the bread the following morning[/quote]

[:D][:D]

Oh Rose.   It is hard.  But I talk on the telephone to my friends most nights, using free-to-UK calls, after their children have gone to bed.  They prefer it to watching a television programme.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Come on, it's only a typo.  We all know he means caravaners.[/quote]

I know that.[:)]  We just call them tin tents in this house.  And there is nothing more infuriating than being stuck behind one when you're in a jurry trying to get to the airport (and running late as per) and you get stuck behind one going at 35kph over Col de la Schlucht and you can't overtake for 20km.....

And another bad thing about here is the increase in wine intake.  And celeriac remoulade intake.  And mealtimes becoming a pleasure rather than a refuelling exercise.  But I still miss my mum (and I'm nearly 46 - very sad!)

Fi

Look at it this way, Fi, you're very lucky to still have your mum (I mean at 46!)

My mum had me when she was 45 and she died when I was 33.  Still, she would have thought herself lucky to have seen me grow up as she was convinced that she would be long dead and gone before I grew up.

Celeri remoulade is good but I prefer carottes rapées.  Yes, I know, I belong to les ploucs!  Can't help it, just no class and less pedigree than my dog!

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Look at it this way, Fi, you're very lucky to still have your mum (I mean at 46!)

My mum had me when she was 45 and she died when I was 33.  Still, she would have thought herself lucky to have seen me grow up as she was convinced that she would be long dead and gone before I grew up.

Celeri remoulade is good but I prefer carottes rapées.  Yes, I know, I belong to les ploucs!  Can't help it, just no class and less pedigree than my dog!

[/quote]

She was 40 when she had me and is still vaguely surprised!  (My eldest brother will be 61 this year - crack open the sanatogen!)

I also really, really like salade aux bettraves - the stuff you get in tubs at the supermarket - Bonduelle the best by far.  Have been known to stand at the fridge, fork in hand, guzzling - now what does that make me???? (Apart from greedy[:$])

[quote user="Fi"][quote user="sweet 17"]Come on, it's only a typo.  We all know he means caravaners.[/quote]

I know that.[:)]  We just call them tin tents in this house.  And there is nothing more infuriating than being stuck behind one when you're in a jurry trying to get to the airport (and running late as per) and you get stuck behind one going at 35kph over Col de la Schlucht and you can't overtake for 20km.....

And another bad thing about here is the increase in wine intake.  And celeriac remoulade intake.  And mealtimes becoming a pleasure rather than a refuelling exercise.  But I still miss my mum (and I'm nearly 46 - very sad!)

Fi

[/quote]

What's a jurry? [;-)]

(Touche)

[quote user="Fi"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

She was 40 when she had me and is still vaguely surprised!  (My eldest brother will be 61 this year - crack open the sanatogen!)

I also really, really like salade aux bettraves - the stuff you get in tubs at the supermarket - Bonduelle the best by far.  Have been known to stand at the fridge, fork in hand, guzzling - now what does that make me???? (Apart from greedy[:$])
[/quote]

It makes you a person with defective taste buds![:D]