Its October, damp, and grey.

Bugsy

What a beautiful pic!

We're off to UK next weekend for a couple of weeks; my son tells me it's grey, damp and cold. I think I might look for my gloves and scarf. Today in the Gard we've enjoyed 28, sunshine and bright blue sky!

We went to Chusclan, for the day; locals were in costume, with lots of singing, dacing and provencal music. The blacksmith was shoeing horses, young women scrubbed clothes on washing boards, and the wine flowed. A lovely day out!

GG

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="gardengirl "]

What a beautiful pic!

We're off to UK next weekend for a couple of weeks; my son tells me it's grey, damp and cold. I think I might look for my gloves and scarf. Today in the Gard we've enjoyed 28, sunshine and bright blue sky!

We went to Chusclan, for the day; locals were in costume, with lots of singing, dacing and provencal music. The blacksmith was shoeing horses, young women scrubbed clothes on washing boards, and the wine flowed. A lovely day out!

GG

[/quote]

Sunny in Norfolk. Little rain all summer. Brilliant.Glad I moved here from damp and rainy Cornwall[:D]

Cold mornings with a touch of frost here in the Lot but gorgeous afternoons with temperature in the mid 20's. Today was a bit overcast however with a small shower earlier.

Far too cold for swimming though, unless you're a complete masochist that is [:'(]

[quote user="Richard"]Ah lovely, cold, wet and windy outside, all warm and cosey inside. Fire going, dogs snoring and a cup of coffee next to me.

[/quote]

No need for a fire here in southern Brittany - gorgeous blue skies and sunshine.* [:)]

* Just as well really as our rented house doesn't have a lovely open fire - just these convecteurs électriques thingies.

Sue

Get your thermometers out of the sun! It was very cold by air temperature in the Tarn - barely into double figures on Saturday and Sunday, however the sun is still very warm. I would be very surprised if the temperature was mid 20s in the Lot.

Change yesterday as the "vent d'autan" blew a gale but the thermometer showed 16 at 8 am this morning.

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Richard"]Ah lovely, cold, wet and windy outside, all warm and cosey inside. Fire going, dogs snoring and a cup of coffee next to me.

[/quote]

No need for a fire here in southern Brittany - gorgeous blue skies and sunshine.* [:)]

* Just as well really as our rented house doesn't have a lovely open fire - just these convecteurs électriques thingies.

Sue

[/quote]

So the opposite has happened. Normally it rains in Brittany and is sunny everywhere else. Now it is raining everywhere else it is sunny in Brittany! [:D] Or is it Normandie it's always raining in?