Snow

Joe

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 10cm here in Berkshire; supposed to be 30cm or so by Saturday! [:D] It's very pretty, especially looking down the garden and kids have been out sledging down the hill since about 6pm! [:D]

Meant to be about 5cm tomorrow at our place in the Gard; everything came to a total standstill last January when there was about 1cm, so that should be interesting! [:D]

Snowing hard here in Mid-Wales at the moment - the third lot in a week. At this rate we'll probably have 6" or more by morning. Coupled with the almost constant sub-zero temperatures it won't be disappearing in a hurry. Lucky we slithered down the hill yesterday to stock up. [:)]

[quote user="Mme poivre"]Our Louis loves the snow we have 4 inches oxfordshire warwickshire boarder and its still snowing Day off for me too Frenchie[/quote]

Hi Judith, it is lovely around here, wednesday's always a day off for me, so I can enjoy the snow from the comfort of our lounge!

It has stopped snowing here, it is sunny, but they forecast more snow for the afternoon.

XXX

I thought you were going to work today, Teapot; or can you work from home?

I've been hearing about power cuts etc on local radio - feel very sorry for those people affected and those whose heating isn't very good. Lots of people going past, some pulling children on sledges erc. great fun! [:D]

Don't forget a little food and water for our feathered friends folks. I have had to change the water at least three times a day recently as it keeps going solid of course! About 2cms of the white stuff this am. Saw two red squirrels sipping water from the swimming pool this am so they must be thirsty too.

[quote user="KathyF"] At this rate we'll probably have 6" or more by morning. Coupled with the almost constant sub-zero temperatures it won't be disappearing in a hurry. [/quote]

I remember in 1978/9 it started snowing on NYEve, and there was still snow around at Easter.  That was in the N of England and Scotland.  Glad I'm now in the south of France, 30 years ago I could cope with the cold - not now!