Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Krusty, but won't pigeon poo mess up all our systems? [:D]

Lovely to hear from Frenchie - if even she can't get things moving, heaven help the rest of us. Having said that our neufbox system worked like a dream, and was working several days ahead of the due date; that I found very impressive!

Listen up, as they say, report on sleep front:

Went to bed around 6.30, yes, way too early for anyone over a year old! But had an exhausting weekend having a wonderful time at my brother and SIL's Golden Wedding Anniversary; lots of people to meet and chat to, lots of food and drink, a great time had by all. Came home exhausted, didn't even manage to watch the Alan Bennett event on TV, which I tried, but eyes wouldn't stay open.

Apart from waking up a couple of times and looking at the clock, I managed nearly 6 HOURS!!! How's that then? All I need are a few more weekends like that and I'll be back to normal. Seriously, it did feel good to get that much sleep all in one night! Sorry if I woke you up with my shouting just now; you can go back to sleep now. [:D]

Cafe's open!

Good show, GG!

So, why don't you become a Party Planner and plan other people's celebrations for them and put in the small print that your price includes your presence "to ensure that everything goes smoothly"?

Good idea, no?

Nevermind, have another good night's sleep tonight and you'd begin to see that that was really a bit of lateral thinking on my part![:P]

sweet 17 wrote the following post at 07/12/2009 15:52:

Oh good, I knew you were just the sort of woman who would see the potential of the idea.

Christmas time is party time, so how's about starting right now, right here?Idea [I]

Sweets, this is not a great idea at present, according to our local paper, bookings for Christmas parties are very sparse, restaurants are feeling the pinch and have even reduced their prices in hopes of attracting more party customers.

Yes, Cendrillon, but you haven't bargained for GG's capacity for insomnia!

She'd devise a cunning plan (why are plans always cunning?) to beat off all the competition.  She'd be up partying all night and sleeping all day.  You just wait and see.

She's so taken with the idea she'd come up with something.

BTW, I hope you are quite well and sleeping comme un loir at nights?

Right, cunning plan coming up. Insomniac Party Planners here - catchy name, eh?  Bookings can only take place when I'm awake, so I suggest all members of the Insomniacs club come along to each party, so keeping costs down. Kills two birds with one stone, and the other sex in the club can join in too. Eats and booze provided for all members; just name your poison. See you later............

Yeah, right, I'll be along if I can keep awake.  Wretched night last night, tossing and turning till the early hours and then dropped off at some point, waking up at 8 something when OH brought the tea!

Might actually go bye-byes and sleep tonight, let's see.........

So, you can't actually count on the Insomniac Party Planners then?  Nevermind, GG, I am delighted that you managed to sleep.  I did too but it was disturbed by strange and varied dreams.

Oh, I loathe this time of year, for various and some very personal reasons.  Can't wait for my skiing holiday end January, then perhaps buying another house, then the SPRING!!!!!

The Compostele, with Gemonimo, is scheduled for starting in the first week of September next year.  We have allowed 6 to 8 weeks in total.

Jen is a lot fitter than I am.  She won't admit it and is absolutely paranoid that I might be fitter than she is.  But she is entirely wrong because I find that I'm nowhere as fit as I used to be! LOL

We will start at St Jean Pied de Port, go over the Pyrenees and basically not give up (come hell or high water) until we get to Compostela.  After that, if we have any oomph left, we go on to the sea past Compostela where St James' boat landed.

Tonight, I shall go to bed earlyish because I have a long, hard and muddy walk tomorrow with the randos.

I'm just holding myself together until this wonderful season of goodwill to all men is past and I could get back to my normal routine with nowt to alter it.

I wish I weren't such a curmudgeon but there we are.  As for many people, this jolly season holds some very traumatic memories and therefore I'm never at my best at this time of year.