Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're nocturnal, I can only think that you are badgers, or moles or bats.  So which are you?

Actually, I've been sleeping better, whether it's the cold or not having the threat of the people in the camper van coming back, whatever!  Deffo sleeping better, only trouble is, can't get up in the morning either.

God you should have seen me the first night I spent at Gemonimo's.  All my watches were without batteries, so I took an old 1930s wind-up affair.

I woke up, looked at the watch, which said 8 o'clock, so I got up PDQ, washed, cleaned my teeth, etc, got into Gem's hall, found everything dark, so got back to bed, took off my shoes and put the covers over myself, fully clothed.

Dozed off, then about an hour later, got up, still dark, no one about so got back to bed and dozed some more.

For the third time, got up, crept into Gem's large piéce de vie, found her fully clothed, fire lit, breakfast on the table, and it was gone 9 o'clock!

How embarrassing is that?

Sweet, so funny! I think you should write a blog, if you could fit even more in your life amongst all that cooking, visiting etc! Just think how entertained we'd all be, especially on your trip in September with Gemonimo! [:D]

I'm with Frenchie on whether I'm a mole, bat or badger - I'm an old bat! [:D]

MDR - bold/bald!  Dans notre jardin en Angleterre nous avions beaucoup de pipistrelles - ici dans le Jura il y a des tas de sorted doe chauves-souris- je vais joindre un club nature au printemps pour essayer de mieux découvrir les différentes espèces.

[quote user="Swissie"]I like badgers, and used to go out at night to watch the cubs play- but in French it's' blaireau' and it means something like 'boring old person' - so I don't like it!
And a bold mouse doesn't sound that nice either. (chauve-souris=bat)
[/quote]

Swissie, Clair posted a link recently about what a blaireau is:  I just thought it was French for Tony Blair![blink]

If I could find the thread, I'll post it specially for you.

Have a good journey on Wednesday.....!

H. is taking me to Yverdon where I shall catch the train for Geneva- then Easy to Luton and train to MH. On return Friday next, my daughter will drop me at Luton on her return to Surrey- then H. will pick me up from airport in the evening, as I have busy day on Saturday[:D] Can't wait to see friends, daughters and grand-children + a bit of retail therapy. xx

Well, if I don't sleep tonight, it won't be for a readily discernible reason.

Done the last of my lunches before mon petit dépaysement.

Got to see CPAM lady on Wed morning for my CEAM, got to see le toubib (do you know this expression, I only do thanks to 5-element) to get my médicaments (there, that's a clue), see my coiffeuse for a haircut and the rest can go hang!

Tonight, I'se gonna stretch out on the bed, take my book, my glass of water and hopefully, to the Land of Nod..............fingers crossed! 

Hope it all (plus crossed fingers) worked, dear Sweet! I thought much the same before coming to bed last night, but here I've been for a couple of hours!

Did a big shop yesterday, went to the opticians to order some new specs; I'm getting varifocals which are also sunglasses for reading when on the balcony in France - where I spend a lot of time. We face due south and have an awning, but it's still awfully bright. Anyway, they cost far more than I would ever have thought; there was a very small choice of frames for this particular lens. I apparently have a problem on my macular, for which I'm waiting for an appointment at the local hospital. So I wanted a good pair - but I didn't realise I'd need a mortgage! ;o) (Still no icons appearing on my screen!).

I then did a trawl around town, came home, cooked supper - and retired exhausted to bed! But come 01.38 I was wide awake, just dozed a bit on and off.

Good Morning eveyone. There was I in bed having been awoken by hubby getting in bed from having fallen asleep downstairs watching the bowls on TV ( not surprised he fell asleep, its like watching grass grow!), so I thought get up and say hello to "the girls" and everyone is asleep! Well, the kettles on.

A lovely thread. Quite spooky really, I feel as though I have known you all for ages having followed the thread since it started. Hope you dont mind me saying hello.

[quote user="gardengirl "]Good morning gone-fishin, nice to hear from you. No, I'm not asleep, been up since about 03.00, lay awake for ages before that. Mine's a hot ginger cordial at the moment, thanks. Glad you could join us![/quote]

Good morning laydeez. Gardengirl, (how) do you make ginger cordial? Sounds delish and perfect for cold weather.

[quote user="Âme"][quote user="gardengirl "]Good morning gone-fishin, nice to hear from you. No, I'm not asleep, been up since about 03.00, lay awake for ages before that. Mine's a hot ginger cordial at the moment, thanks. Glad you could join us![/quote]
Good morning laydeez. Gardengirl, (how) do you make ginger cordial? 
[/quote]

Just teach Ginger some manners, people always appreciated that [:D]

Hi Âme, I don't actually make the ginger cordial myself, other than adding hot water to it. It's made by Bottle Green, and is ginger and lemongrass cordial, and I think it's delicious as well as comforting in this chilly weather. I get mine from Waitrose, though I expect other supermarkets in UK sell it. It costs about £3, and makes 6.5 litres it says on the bottle, although I don't measure it, and only a very little is needed. If anybody goes to buy it, it's in with things like bottles of tonic etc; my OH went for some last week, brought home 2 bottles on special offer; unfortunately they were sparkling ginger and lemongrass in similar bottles - very nice, but not in this cold weather! They were on a very conspicuous display as they were on special offer, so it was easy to get the wrong one - my first glass of it was VERY dilute and then I found it wasn't cordial! [:D]

Forgot to add my grin at the ginger joke! [:D]

Didn't really get any more sleep, although I went back to 'bed' (sofa) for a couple of hours then up again at 5.

We're moving to Saint Gilles Croix de Vie in the Vendee. It'll be lovely to be living at the seaside, but I'll be glad when everythings sorted out (insurances, CPAM, banks, notaire etc etc!)

Moving is a nightmare anywhere, any time I've found! As you're moving within France, I'm supposing your French is up to sorting out all those things; I found it all a bit overwhelming when we bought in France, but it got done, seemed to take longer though. Visited St Gilles once when staying in the area - lovely! [:)] Hope all goes well for your move.