Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your all wired up now with internet....welcome home Frenchie!

Hope you feel better in the morning.

I went to bed too early had a wonderful deep sleep wide awake now.Just watdhed a good TV The door to door sales man... flitting between the whisperers a black and white film.... I wonder if this would be allowed now.. in the end titles for the Indian doctor he was called the Negro doctor.. seems strange.

Hi Frenchie, lovely pic and to hear from you.

MBK, I couldn't face getting up or I could have partied with you; I've a bad back, must be doing the first little housework for a while! It's a very hard frost here, and no heat on at 04.00. It's on now and the house is feeling nice and toasty. [:)]

Ugh, was awake for what seems like hours after about 3 am.  Didn't come downstairs to the puter, however.  It was pretty cold.

But, I came down for my kefir drink and did manage to drop off after that.  Next thing I knew, OH was bringing me a cup of tea and it was 9.00 am.  Soooooooooooooo, not too bad.

Would love to go for a long organised walk tomorrow but, no one to go with and, as it's one of those where you start off when you want and finish when you want, I think the chances of getting lost are pretty high!

Anyway, did a lot of cutting and tidying up in the garden; cold old wind, have now had a coupla glasses of something warming and the soup is nearly ready so that will be my lot for this evening.

What is a kefir drink, SW17?

I'm still having about one night in 3 when I'm really restless, can't fall asleep etc. What worries me is that I keep reading that you need about 8hrs sleep to help your immune system stay healthy.

All very well but I never have 8 hours.

I have a theory that it's mostly women who have sleep problems and that is because we got into the habit of shallow sleep when we were looking after babies.

ps I've searched and found Clair's link on kefir. But where do you get the kefir culture?

Well, I slept pretty OK, sorreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nodding off and on but eyes too tired to read and daren't get up because the dog, who sleeps on her own little bed in our bedroom, would think it was time to be up for breakfast!

Anyway, feel positively guilty that I slept more or less OK.  But now, I have done lots today:  walked dog, done some cleaning, made some bread, helped OH with the wood for fire, bringing some in, putting baches on others, got the clothes out on the line, brought them in again...........LOL

Should have been out on a long walk but couldn't find anyone to go with and it was one of those walks where you had to find your own way and I just KNEW that finding my way is not exactly what you'd call my forte!

I wondered what the walk was that you mentioned yesterday, Sweet; I couldn't quite understand. Now I realise it's where you find your own way; you certainly have to have confidence in your map-reading/finding your way skills for that! You've done a lot of exercise and seem to have slept well. I've done a bit of light housework plus a couple of walks, so feel a bit more normal - it does seem to take 10 days/ a couple of weeks or so.

Not sure what you mean by a walk where you find your own way either? Sometimes I see an entrance to the woods here which isn't on the map and I think, where does that go? I tried one of them about two months ago, and started to hear singing and children's laughter. As I got nearer I realised it was a communal meal, arranged in a clearing in the trees. As one of the guests said "les phantomes du bois". So I sat down to join them.

Exercise in the fresh air should help us to sleep, shouldn't it?

What I mean is a walk where you can start any time from 8am and walk 10, 15 or 20 km and there are refreshments en route.

So, no guide (leader) as such so I suppose they supply you with a bit of paper with the route marked on it.

Don't know as I didn't go:  went with dog as usual and actually did some housework and some cooking! Meant to do some gardening but never got round to it and that, I'm afraid, is the sum total of all that I have done!

Hmmm  ............nice and warm in front of the fire.  BBC Sports Personality on in the background.  I'm trying to order some CDs and DVDs on line but am finding a problem entering my choices; usual internet frustration but hope to sleep well tonight.

I've been reading in bed, having woken just before midnight when OH came to bed, woke up totally. Hot milk and hottie haven't helped. You obviously did more than I did Sweet; a bit of dusting, off to do big shop, which is normally Thursday or Friday's job, but OH was a bit too busy to drive me there and I'm not driving yet. Then out for lunch - we were meant to be buying and cooking it at home! Home to find son had delivered 3 trugs and 8 bags of manure plus mistletoe. Sat and  read while OH carried on putting finishing touches (I hope) to son & DIL's wedding video. Not much for a whole day, but enjoyable and companiable. Did you get my PM Sweet? Still not certain it's completely working! Anybody partying?  ;o)

Hi, GG, no, no PM received.

Anyway, stayed up late last night for the snooker as it was a classic nail-biting finish!  The Chinese man won (can't remember his name) and his mother promptly got off her chair and went for the photo opportunity with the son and the trophy.

What is it with these "sporting" mothers?  They make me squirm with embarrassment.  It was bad enough having years of Andy Murray's mother shaking her fists, jumping up and down and looking ridiculous.  Now, the Eastern races (who are traditionally much more reticent in their public behaviour) are doing it too.....ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

Whatever happened to the polite applause from the sidelines(trying not to look too triumphant) when your sprog wins and the polite applause (trying not to look daggers at the winner) when your sprog doesn't?

Oh, the Good Ol' Days, we did things differently then and, IMHO, with much more grace and good manners.

See, told you I was joining the ranks of Grumpy OldWomen?[:-))] 

GG, got your email fine and have lots to tell you.  So, will email later.  In the meantime, people calling here and the new French neighbours asking about stuff.

WHY does it all have to happen all at once and just about this time of year?

I've always loved getting up early for a trip to wherever; always the same feeling! Hope you have a great time at the wedding. It's not too bad where we are just now, although yesterday felt raw. It's forecast to get colder over the next few days; we're going over to Norfolk with family Christmas presents tomorrow, where it's forecast to be very chilly, down to maybe -14  over Thurs night! Wrap up warmly! And did you not know that M & S is obligatory whenever and wherever? [:D]