Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the UK for a few weeks and slept every night.  I arrive back in France and I develop insomnia again.  Weird.  Perhaps it's the coffee?

Or the red wine?

I went into the garden at 3.30am and the bird song was amazing.  I have no idea which birds were singing and why.  Any ideas which birds sing in the middle of the night?  Nightingales?  Are they just happy to have survived the recent storm?

Morning Cathy, don't know about the birds really. We go out before dawn sometimes in UK and hear birds starting the dawn chorus, nightingales amongst them; it's a magical time, but I don't go out at this time of year. I keep hearing an owl in the early mornings, and it's hooting as I type. I've just put the kettle on again.

My insomnia transfers between countries!

Good morning Cathy , gardengirl and any one else that up already. I think I have just had an awful realization and that is "we are all twittering". I have been trying to understand this"Twitter" thing and quite honestly can't understand its advantage for someone that lets say has a shop selling cards and prints.

Can someone enlighten me or have I got the gist if I say "its a form of general chit chat like what we are all doing now " or is it more .

I have gone on the search engies and asked the question but it seems so long winded in their explanation and I dont grasp what I have read.

Blog's yes, I understand that especially after following woolybanana's adventures.

hello to you all fellow insomniacs!

Very touching to see you've not forgotten me..

Yes, it seems it takes ages to get the internet in my small village... [6]

(I'm writing from a friend's)....

Thinking of you when I can't sleep at night, in a sense, good, I watch all the TV programmes I ve missed during the day..... [Www]

I fall asleep, no problem, but wake up in the middle of the night and that's it...

I ve also heard the birds that sing at night, and wondered what they were.

I do my marking for school, I even iron the clothes... [:D]

I love my new house, that's what matters.

Soon back with you for night cups of tea or coffee..............

Gros bisous à toutes et tous !! [kiss]

PS : I don't need to kiss any prince, Sir Paul will be ok for me ...   [;-)]

Anyone for Tea? OOer Frenchie will be wrapped up in her red blanket watching Telly.

The Christmas village hall dances will start soon. (Not in French talking mood, sorry)Have any started in your area's yet? Do you go?

Well worth going, we always make new French friends, we make sure there is never more than 4 of us, but often just us 2 go, someone always puts us under their wing, its brill.

Morning MBkid, kettle's on here too. No dances here, maybe in the nearby villages; will they be hectic with dozey-dohing that you'll be swept off your feet and sleep all night, or will it be all Johnny Hallyday?  I'm fancying a couple of Christmas markets while we're here. We usually go to the one at Avignon, buy another santon; I'm thinking about Saturday for there, with a last nice lunch out. We leave Sunday, and there's a restaurant I've been wanting to eat at there for quite a while and never managed yet.But we haven't been to the Christmas market at Aix for years, and I remember it as being lovely; there was also a big food market, but that part might not be on yet. Avignon  starts Thursday, but Aix is already under way.

We're setting off in the car on Sunday morning, calling in at friends for lunch on the way, then staying overnight at beaune. Tunnel is around 5pm on Monday. I can't see us being back before February, but you never know!

Counting balls doesn't seem to work, I'll try acorns next. Counting sheep never works for me, they don't keep still long enough - maybe they're after the acorns!

Why acorns? maybe that's next on the list after we've solved the 'why am I here?' question. Didn't they make coffee out of acorns in the war?