Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

[quote user="gardengirl "]

Pleased you had a good night, Sweet, long may it continue! [/quote]

I agree with GG, Sweet; what a relief for you.

[quote user="gardengirl"] Kettle's on.[/quote]

Sorry I missed the cup of tea, but pleased to hear you've added an extra 1/2 hour to your three. Perhaps France will be enough of a change to add some more to your nightly quota.

Sue

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed you MBKid; hope you went back to sleep. 8 hours travelling, then out for a meal with loads of laughter is obviously a good remedy for me! I had about 6 hours, which must be a record over the last few weeks! Hope all the rest have been abed snoozing too.

I don't drink normal tea, haven't for many years, just fennel etc, with the odd cup of coffee after ameal, so it can't be that keeping me awake.

GG, I am soooooooo pleased for you.  Doesn't a good sleep do so much for the morale?

Enjoy your stay; I hope the weather for you is as good as it is for me.  So unbelievably mild for this time of year.  I have been out with Dog (my dog, that is; not Dog who is away in any case!) dressed just in light trousers and fleece.  Fantastic!

Hiya there, Kid, how are you?  Tickety-boo and in the pink, I hope?

BTW, can one of you explain to dull old moi how to stop email notifications of posts on here?  I'm sure this has been explained ad infinitum but it obviously passed me by (as all even vaguely technical things tend to do [:@])

Thanks

Sweet - I've been away for about 6 weeks and I could have sworn that you had 3000 posts before I left.  I return and you have nearly 5000.  What's been happening?

I assume that we can post on this thread during the day?  Or is it just for night birds?

EDIT: Clair's score has risen by about 1000 as well.

Yes, some of us are here quite often! Nice of you to drop in. Are you in Berks at the moment? We flew out of a very wet Luton on Friday morning, and enjoyed lovely sunshine on arrival. Not quite as good yesterday, but sitting out for meals and coffee was pleasant. Didn't get the eight hours travel in, though!

I've been awake and on the computer since 3.30am but didn't think about

coming onto this Forum until now.  Sorry GG, I could have chatted.  I

have been trying to watch last night's Strictly Come Dancing clips on You Tube without any success.  I can't get BBC in France.

[quote user="Théière"]Hello Cathy,

Wondered where you were, did you bite into the apple and fall asleep until a handsome Prince came by and woke you with a kiss?[/quote]

I prefer bananas to apples, especially on cereal.  Somehow I don't think a Prince would want to kiss a mouth full of muesli...  Anyway, Princes don't tend to be handsome.  I wouldn't want to be kissed by Charles, Andrew or Edward, even with my eyes closed.

Good morning garden girl, Cathy ,Cluzo,.

Ooo Cathy I would like to watch strickly c..d... but Bruce Forsyth makes my teeth itch , fortunetly hubby has same taste!!I am sure its repeated on one of its sister channels at the beeb on the TV mid week.

Just popping the kettle on - who wants T?

Do hope Frenchie is nearly sorted with her connection to ADSL.

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Cathy"]Anyway, Princes don't tend to be handsome.  I wouldn't want to be kissed by Charles, Andrew or Edward, even with my eyes closed. [/quote]

As for Philip.........eeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

And as for Prince Albert of Monaco.  Yyyyyuuuuukkkkkk.....

Do you think that there are any handsome European princes around?

Changing the subject dramatically, sorry. We have been watching Morecambe and Wise on U tube especially enjoyed Andre Previn (who was 80 this year, where has the time gone!),http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP8TUe993uo&feature=related

or just search it on google. Watched Tommy Cooper, Bernard Manning etc, wow, hasn't time changed - a bit risky some of the jokes.Enjoy. Thats if you cant sleep.Goodnight