Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, ummm , I have the draughs in the window but cant activate it, maybe I have to sign up or it doesn't like Chrome .I then looked and played this!!! It's fun.

http://www.itexpressions.com/freekidsgames/froggieflycatcher.shtml

Edited- just found this draughts

http://www.games.co.uk/game/checkers-fun.html

Would be fun to have a game of cards with u on line.Milkey

The draughts worked for me, as in pieces moved; it's not something I can play. I'm not into cards either really; no good at knitting; too dark for gardening, but I'm not up to that yet! It'll be suduko again, I think. I bought a huge pile of hardback Dick Francis books at a charity shop last week, so plenty of those to get into.

A bit early but just in case anyone is twiddling fingers in the early hrs have a try with (This site comes up with words that rhyme with other words.!!)

http://www.writeexpress.com/online2.html

This next one explores the latest news, reviews and trailers for all new cinema releases.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

Have fun...... goodnight!.. perhaps see u later gardengirl , ......etc

Frenchie, it's good that you are here amongst us, even if on borrowed facilities.

I'm off to Dept 44 tomorrow and hope to catch up with you soon.  Haven't contacted you as I thought you'd have some difficulties.

Hope all is well in la nouvelle maison![kiss]

Didn't sleep all of Sunday night on account of having to go off to Dept 44 borders to look at a property.  Needless to say, didn't sleep all of last night in a hotel in Nantes.

Then, poor old dog barked at 5.00 am when people started getting up in the hotel:  well, she wasn't to know that in a hotel, there are likely to be other people about, is she?

So, drove for hours and hours in the dark and the rain just so's to be home and to hope that SOME sleep will be possible tonight!

What is it with this inability to sleep: it doesn't half distort all the values of "normal" sleeping people, does it?

[quote user="sweet 17"]What is it with this inability to sleep: it doesn't half distort all the values of "normal" sleeping people, does it?[/quote]

You've got it in one. It really is difficult to function properly when you have got into a sleep deprived pattern. Having spent the last 3 nights sleeping three hours each night then waking up and just not being able to get back to sleep at all I now feel really 'out of it'

Sue

[quote user="Richard"]I just have no drive anymore. Don't want to do anything.

[/quote]

Of the myriad of recommendations available one suggestion is that you do something completely different from your normal routine, so that the established pattern is well and truly broken. Which might explain why some people, who normally suffer from sleep problems, sleep very much better whilst on holiday.

Sue

Has thinking about what to do sent you to sleep, I wonder Richard? My 3 to 4 hour nights are up in the months now; tried just about everything, including medication from my GP, which sort of worked, but I wasn't too keen on and had other effects too. Euphywotsits, as recommended by Milkeybarkid, helped a little. That's why Clair's link to the light was so interesting. Nothing used to wake me up, apart from when the children were small, and I could get back to sleep if it did; a real 9 hours a night person.

We're off to France on Friday, so I'm hoping that travelling for the day will do the trick, but it doesn't usually. It's usually as bad as in UK, just awake in French!

Not a good night away for you, Sweet; any luck with home-hunting?

Not a good night back in my own bed either, GG.  Drove for bl**dy hours in the rain and the dark, just to get back home.

But, no luck at all and just couldn't ge off to sleep despite being completely bushed and neck and shoulders aching.  Got up to make tea in the end and thought of you all.

House we saw was delightful but OH now saying he'd be worried about the electric wiring and the high water table when the fosse is replaced.

BTW, dept 44 near the border with 56 (you listening Sue) and 35 is utterly delightful.  Just a very long way from 17 and the peage seemed to go on forever....

You looking after yourself, I hope, GG?

[quote user="sweet 17"]BTW, dept 44 near the border with 56 (you listening Sue) and 35 is utterly delightful.  Just a very long way from 17 and the peage seemed to go on forever....

[/quote]

Sweet 17, sorry to hear that you are still not sleeping - perhaps you will have more success tonight, after undergoing such a tortuous journey. But truly 56 really is not the end of the earth you know! Yes I cannot but agree that many parts of 56 are delightful, but you really do need to trust your 'agent immobilier' here; otherwise disappointment is the only thing you will find at the end of your journey.

Sue

Slept all night and woke this morning with fuzzy head all cleared, depressive mood dispelled and a nice feeling of optimism and "all's right with the world"!

Amazin' ain't it, what a good night's sleep can do for yer?

Didn't realise how many weeks' ago it was when I just didn't get any sort of regular sleep.  Hence the build-up of stress, misery, feeling of despair, etc.

No wonder that a favourite means of torture is sleep deprivation! 

Pleased you had a good night, Sweet, long may it continue! I've been an extra half hour on top of my usual three, with just a couple of very short periods awake, so that's also an improvement! The answer for me is obvious - have a flu jab and then go driving! We're off to France today, so maybe the travelling will help, I seem to remember the first night was pretty good last time we went.

Kettle's on.