Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

Sad to say (I think) Dog, I do not take a tipple- I have an allergy to plonk- wine I used to come out in a mega rash - very painful, and spirits well, I only have to smell it and I feel sick, coffee & Tea addict I am, its possibly worse than plonk.I am quite envious of folk who say they are "feeling mellow" when enjoying a glass of wine.

Are you game? http://www.matchpractice.com/game/

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the game go MBK? I've decided night is over and done with; heating's now on, kettle is boiled............. anyone want a drink? Don't like the sound of an alcohol rash at all; I love red and rosé wine, with whisky and cognac at times. Time was when hot milk with a dollop of cognac could get me back to sleep after half an hour or so; sadly it no longer works, and even the Euphywhatsits don't seem as effective now.  

GG

Well, it looks like I'm joining your club.

Just come back from a short trip to the UK. How come I sleep like a log for 8 or 9 hours there, but can't do the same in my lovely cosy bed here?

.....and my lurch objects to me being up, so I have to fumble about making tea by the cooker hood light and trying not to make a noise!

Edit: CF clock is wrong

[quote user="gardengirl "]

I've decided night is over and done with; heating's now on, kettle is boiled............. anyone want a drink?[/quote]

That would be lovely - mine's a cup of tea, thank you. It's odd but I think I might be turning into my mum; in that I never used to drink tea at all, always coffee. But now I find coffee seems so strong - very acceptable on the odd occasion, but definitely a rare occurrence these days.

Edit: [quote user="zeb"] Edit: CF clock is wrong [/quote]

Edited at 6h42 - Seems OK to me ...

Sue

Is the pot still hot garden girl- must be stewed by now! kettle's on. Golf was surprisingly good, have you had a go with the link?

The clock on TF always shows UK time -if thats the clock u are referencing to?

Got hubby worried he says the last time I was so hyper I produced a sprog the next morning at around this time now (I wish!!!!no I don't really)- all I have got is tummy ache!! too much caffeine. Hello Zeb.

Zeb, sorry you are joining us, but the more the merrier! That sorry bit sounds bad, but you know what I mean, I think.

Tea OK, Sue? I seem to drink a lot of fennel and chamomile tea these days; very rarely ordinary tea, but always have some in. I love coffee, but just have it after meals, usually lunch. I've almost given it up after dinner in case it kept me awake; but as I'm awake a lot anyway, I might go back to it then.

GG

PS Time is exactly right!

Tea OK, Sue? I seem to drink a lot of fennel and chamomile tea these days; very rarely ordinary tea, but always have some in. [/quote]

Ordinary tea, please - thanks. I have tried all kinds of tisanes etc since coming to France, but I really cannot get used to chamomile or fennel.

[quote user="gardengirl "]PS Time is exactly right! [/quote]

Yep I agree; I changed the time shown via my profile page from GMT to GMT +1 for France.

Sue

[quote user="milkeybar kid"] "doh" I didnt know you could change the time - I had a look on my profile and I was in Greenwich time - what a plonk I am!! [/quote]

Not daft at all, you are being too hard on yourself. It was only when we moved to France that I discovered you could change the time zone display, as it was so annoying being an hour out of sync with French time.

Sue

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Please explain to me, giving me step-by-step instructions how to set the time?

If you don't, I won't be able to sleep all night for thinking about this and I shall know who to blame..[/quote]

Help, that sounds too awful for words ...

Right, at the very top of this page 'Edit your details', left mouse click on your user name, a new page opens ...

third block down 'Timezone' the box there has a drop down menu; find the time zone you want - for France choose GMT +1 = Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome and Vienna. You will notice Paris is not there!!! And this is supposed to be the Complete France forum [;-)].

Scroll down and click on 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page.

All done.

Sue

My kettle's on; just got up, but been sudukoing since about 3.30. Drink anyone?[/quote]

Morning all, sorry to miss you. Have just had a cup of tea, but thanks anyway. Was awake at 5ish, comme d'hab, but was determined this time not to do anything such as read, go downstairs and get my laptop, make a cup of tea; and it worked. Took a while but I went back to sleep about 6ish for an hour = brilliant. Consequently I feel much brighter this morning - and the sun is shining!

Sue [:D]

Poor Kid, hope you feel better soon.  Don't forget to take a supply of milkybars with you to bed.

I took a soluble Paracetamol and slept like a log.  Paracetamol seems to be some sort of panacea for me.  When my asthma plays up and I can't stop coughing, it seems to just take the edge off everything and allows me to rest, if not sleep.

Yes, the DVs did come but we were at French Class.  When we returned, there was a rather plaintive note pushed through the letter box.  They must've got fed up waiting.

I don't feel very kindly towards them and not at all good about myself.  But I just knew I couldn't cope with them on an indefinite stay.  I'm just a bag of nerves at the moment and not feeling happy or at peace with myself.

Just have to sit it out, I guess..... 

"Just have to sit it out, I guess..... "

Just be honest Sweets and don't feel guilty. You are not a charity and why should they expect to cadge off you and take advantage. You have already offered your support to the wife for her (albeit illegal) hospital treatment in France and that is more than enough generosity.

[quote user="milkeybar kid"] ... they made me laugh, between spluttering with my cold!! not been outside today!![/quote]

Sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy MBK, do hope you feel better soon. I'll go and have a look at the jokey posts as no one is up and about.

Sue