Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonjour tout le monde,

Milkeybar kid, where is it where you are? Your profile doesn't show!

Clair , I 'm not too keen on pancakes, ( but I love honey ) I much prefer our national crêpes, you gave me an idea, might be crêpe party tonight.!

Ah , the pleasures of autumn !!  [:)]

Just back from a week's holiday and, gee, you lot make me feel real bad!

Not even in my own bed for a whole week and slept like I was tucked up nice and cosy here in dept 17.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, you all have my sympathy, really.........

GG, if I started on the sodoku, I'll be an insomniac too!

Anyway, it's soooooooooo good to be home again that I'll be off for a nice, hot bath and bed to read and then to sleep and perchance to dream...........(with apologies to Shakespeare!)

[quote user="Frenchie"]

A glass of milk anyone?

They say it's good for falling asleep............ [Www]

Believe it or not, I feel sleepy now, off to bed again !!

[:)]

[/quote]

It seems the milky drink worked, Frenchie. That's good to hear. My cup of tea at 5h30 has done little to help me get back to sleep, perhaps milk might have been a better idea.

Sue

Well I had a reasonable night's sleep.

Recipe: get up early, spend the day on buses, plane, taxi; arrive back at a freezing cold house (left heating off when we left as it was a new, almost untried boiler), wade through 5 weeks of post, go to chilly bed feeling cold, but with a hottie. It worked! Of course, nn OH with warm feet helps!Smile [:)]

GG

Mornin Frenchie,what have you been doing to give yourself a bad back? when it goes cold we get dodgy knees.

Amazing the weather here in the SW, night before last went to minus one degrees, last night we sat out and had a BBQ till midnight,temp read 18 degrees. Have poked my head outside just now and its raining and feels warm,weird.Hope the back rights itself.MBK

OOp's forgot to ask, would you like tea or coffee?

Morning milkeykid!

Oh yes, please, a nice cup of  coffee .. 

I ve suffered from a bad back for years..

I have a slipped disk , that fortnately only causes real pain once or twice a year.

I feel much better this morning.[:)]

Here it warmed up too yesterday , and today .. I don't know,[:)], since the shutters are still closed..! [:$]

Good morning. Glad you had a reasonable night, Frenchie, but a pity it's linked to your bad back.

I was up by 3.00 UK time. I had an minor operation yesterday, with a very bad night worrying the night before, and an early start yesterday morning. So I had been hoping for a decent night's sleep, especially with taking painkillers, but it didn't work out that way. The warm milk this morning didn't work either, but as OH has woken up, I'm going to take my breakfast back to my cosy bed, then read for a while.

Thanks for your messages, Frenchie and Milkeybarkid. It wasn't too bad, and thank goodness it's over for now.

Luckily, my OH is very good at TLC, and happily cooks as and when, shops, hoovers etc. Our two sons are equally well trained!

Today he's putting in the new bath, we hope. It should have been yesterday, but after dropping me at the hospital, trips to B& Q, Screwfix etc for bits and pieces, fielding phone calls and neighbours popping in, he didn't get it done. Plus the water pipe kept dripping, so he couldn't solder the new pipe on under where the new bath will be going.

He removed everything from the bathroom before our most recent trip to France, and it all went off via Freecycle (wonderful institution!). We do have another WC and basin, so no problems there, but it's off to our son'e house 5 minutes away for showers and baths.

We're hoping the  bath will be safely installed by tonight, as well as lots of TLC!

Where are you moving Frenchie?  I'll be packing tomorrow - but only a week in France.  I'm really looking forward to it as it will be the first time we have all been for about 15 months.  I go pretty regularly (I work flexi-time so I can build up time) and have done lots of DIY since the rest of the family went so it will be fun to show them what has been done!

Mornin all, missed 2 hits on my homoeopathy pills, so it could be the reason I have not slept much in the night , well, so I tell myself!

How exciting Frenchie moving house.Do you feel quite organized? Tea , coffee perhaps porridge this morning Frenchie?anyone else want porridge? Brrr lit the fire for the first time last night so its feeling warm and cosy here this morning, a few embers ticking over.

Oh yes, I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

I'm only moving 12 km from where I currently live,  into a small village in the countryside.

The house is bigger, the garden is bigger , but what makes me sad is that my 15 year old son is sad about leaving this house, really sad..

So that sometimes I wonder if i'm doing the right thing, but hey... too late for regrets!