Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gemonimo"]Well, AnOther, I have been told that if one's head is pointing towards the north, then a good nights sleep is guaranteed but I'm not convinced.[/quote]I'm no believer in that sort of mumbo jumbo however it does so happen that with the new layout I am pointing North !!!

Perhaps I'll try sleeping upside down for a couple of nights and see if it makes a difference. Have to say that OH's feet might prove something of a negative influence but then she'll probably feel likewise and bugger off into her favourite chair for the night [+o(]

[:D][:D][:D]

Gardengirl, good to hear you had a bit more sleep. Again I slept like a log. I am wondering how long to keep taking these pills, until the tub of 120 (1 pill 3 times a day before a meal) is empty? Cant begin to try and understand the instructions!. Only what the doc said and thats in English, our Belge doc speaks English like a native-phew.

Frenchie, sorry I could not take you up on the tea, next time ,perhaps.

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="Gemonimo"]Well, AnOther, I have been told that if one's head is pointing towards the north, then a good nights sleep is guaranteed but I'm not convinced.[/quote]I'm no believer in that sort of mumbo jumbo however it does so happen that with the new layout I am pointing North !!!

[/quote]

Mumbo jumbo Ernie, Feng Shui is very important, when I was in Hong Kong an entire high rise building was laying empty due to bad Feng Shui. The Feng Shui master said it was something to do with round windows not letting bad spirits out (why can't they just use the door like any one else?), Anyway this multi million dollar mistake was easily cured............

They paid another Feng Shui master who said it was all ok [:D]

Hello to all the other insomniacs!

One of my golden rules is to have to computer turned off all night - so I am not able to share cups of tea or partake in conversation or household duties with anyone during the night...

My GP recently prescribed some homeopathic "Passiflora composé" (I call it my passi composé) - not sure how much I believed it would help, as I am going through a severe (justifiedly) period of stress which leaves me completely wired up and consumed by anxiety. I also wake up in the middle of the night with tachycardia attacks (very very scary). Anyway, I have half heartedly tried the passi composé and (co-incidentally?) had a reasonable (6 hours) night sleep without any stronger chemical. I notice I feel more normal during the day too, not like a painfully tight wound up spring. Has anyone tried Passiflora composé? (I  have often used homeopathy and herbal medicine in the past (both Western and Chinese, to good effect when properly prescribed)

I am going to try Euphytose too -  hawthorn in particular is good for "nervous heart" - so, why not?

If it doesn't work, I can always go back to the real chemicals - which I'd rather avoid as they make me feel shaky the next morning. I also would hate getting addicted to them as I once was.

I find it all very interesting; I've taken homeopathic tablets in UK, with both passiflora and valerian in, and maybe other things, can't think just now. It may be that the hawthorn makes it more effective. Who knows? I don't mind how a thing works as long as it does work, be it homeopathic tablets, car engines, electricity or whatever. There's a lot of things some of us just believe will work, and they often do.

GG

PS  It's only fairly recently I've taken to the computer at night. Other than sitting doing soduko puzzles or reading, there's not a lot else I can do quietly, so avoiding waking up OH!