Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u asleep Frenchie? I am just making a cup of Tea , do u want one?Oh, meant to say that those homoeopathy pills are for calm, no stress, and normal sleep pattern (believing it will work is probably the key to it!!). The Euphytose - one pill before each meal 3 times a day!! Will start taking them today. We had our flue jab, worrying now we will get a flue reaction - only joking, Kettles boiled.Frenchie- are you moving far?

Thanks for the suggestion, MBkid. It sounds a good thing to try, although I must admit I've gone through almost everything in Boots and health food shops  in  UK to try to sort it out. I'll see if I can get any over the counter in town today.

Apart from when the children were young I'd never had any problems with sleep. Now, off to sleep fine almost every night, but come 2 or so, that's it. I generally read, do Sodukos etc in bed; can never decide whether I disturb OH More by having the light on, or getting up, making a brew and sitting doing emails. Sometimes do one, tonight the other.

One of our sons never slept for more than an hour as a new-born, and he's not so different now; he spends his nights doing emails, watching films, reading etc. But it's what he's always done; I think his wife finds it difficult, though.

I had a good walk yesterday; not exactly a walk, just walked almost 10km during the day, so it wasn't exactly a health walk! We're off to do a few km walk today; again, probably fairly leisurely. I really thought being out in all that wind for so long yesterday would keep me asleep. We went to Aigues-Mortes to watch the bulls in the arena, and brought home plenty of sand in our hair, eyes, clothes!

It's past 6 o'clock, so morning all,

GG

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]Are u asleep Frenchie? I am just making a cup of Tea , do u want one?Oh, meant to say that those homoeopathy pills are for calm, no stress, and normal sleep pattern (believing it will work is probably the key to it!!). The Euphytose - one pill before each meal 3 times a day!! Will start taking them today. We had our flue jab, worrying now we will get a flue reaction - only joking, Kettles boiled.Frenchie- are you moving far?[/quote]

I didn't sleep much......

A cup of tea, oui, volontiers, merci!

Euphytose , even if it does not work,( and I hope it will, for you) ; can't do any harm, it's only natural.

I'm moving 12 km away , into a bigger house in a village in the countryside.

I love the house very much, but I wonder if the " Tempo" system will be costly or not,if my son will change his mind ( he doesn't like the house he says, but in fact he wanted to stay here in town ) ,  if the cat ( 12 years old,), will easily adjust,  if, if if..........

All these IFS keep me awake at night............................

Thanks for your nice message.

It's 2 14

Insomnia time starting............................

Are you all doing better thanks to Euphytose??

[:)]

...................................................................................................................................................

Edited at 2.30                       Oh well...    Back to bed, maybe I'll watch a bit of TV...

I'm here - no Euphytose in the UK, unfortunately.  My ami-wotsit was working fine until my daughter came in at 12.30 chattering to her friend...then stopping by my son's room for a natter.  By the time she reached her bedroom I was wide awake.  I'm now listening to the sound of her gentle snoring as I type.....

[quote user="thehydes"]

I have noticed that it is people with high post counts that have trouble sleeping!!   Yes, at least, reading threads on the forum keeps me busy, and it helps me feel tired again, well....  Sometimes ...

My days of marking papers in the night are past but still turn the computer on and read things   I sometimes mark my students' essays.

[/quote]

Anyway, it is a comforting idea knowing you're not alone in this situation.

Nights seem so long, as I try not to wake up anyone, so no TV, no housework, ...

Who wants coffee ?

[quote user="thehydes"]I have noticed that it is people with high post counts that have trouble sleeping!! [/quote]I don't have trouble sleeping, I'm usually out like a light, I just don't do enough of it !

That said for the past few nights I've been going to bed early, well relatively anyway - around midnight, and sleeping until 6:30 ish.

I'm wondering if it could it be some sort of Feng Shui effect since it coincides with us turning our bedroom layout round by 180deg [blink]

Well, AnOther, I have been told that if one's head is pointing towards the north, then a good nights sleep is guaranteed but I'm not convinced. 

You are all so good, getting up and doing stuff.  I just stay in bed solving the problems of the universe[Www]