Perhaps we should start an insomniacs club -AnOther

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mornin all!!!! only teasing.... not gone to bed yet but half a Donormyl (not on prescription) will have to be taken tonight so I will miss the chat later. Goodnight... Milkey.

Ooop's just realized that the time on the post is actually in English time !!!!!!!!!! as I am reading 01:10 ish sat here at my "lappy".

I actually had a good night's sleep; no chemicals involved so it must be this club - a great side-effect of membership!

I get off to sleep with no problems, just can't sustain it, and the tablets I've tried from the doctor make my nose stuffy, but have the opposite effect on the other end! It seems odd not to have started reading etc at 2 or 3. I did all my emails before looking here. I've just posted to say our internet has been installed, so I now have another way to pass the hours quietly!

GG

[quote user="gardengirl "]

I actually had a good night's sleep; no chemicals involved so it must be this club - a great side-effect of membership!

I get off to sleep with no problems, just can't sustain it, and the tablets I've tried from the doctor make my nose stuffy, but have the opposite effect on the other end! GG

[/quote]

Maybe they are suppositorys [:D]

Yes, Gardengirl, it's for next year. Sweet 17 has been doing lots of long walks so I'm trying to keep up the pace!  I had some US friends for the weekend (big walkers) so I was motivated but I must still build up stamina so my walks will increase to at least 20K per weekend[:-))] I've just finished Shirley Mclaine's book about her journey on the Camino to St. Jacques which was interesting.  Care to join us?

Spent the wee small hours reading in bed; the wind's been howling all night, and my thermometer said it actually got down to 10 during the night!

Don't know about joining the walk; I'll be with you in spirit, but you know what they say about the flesh! Following a fall in the summer the longest I built up to was 7km, but the flu a fortnight ago has put me back a bit; so what with my arthritic knees and back I'm going through one of those feeling anient phases. We're doing a short walk around Vezenobres tomorrow, but I think that will be fairly leisurely; although if this wind keeps up we might take off, as I understand it's fairly high up.

When exactly is your walk? You never know, if we're due to be in France........

GG

gardengirl, perhaps this might be of help- I had to go and see my doc today. Told him why I was stressed out ( me being a type that faints at the drop of a hat with anything medical I am avoiding going for a scan that should have been in June , cant sleep thinking about what if !!!) anyway, our doc is in to homoeopathy, he made the appointment for me so I have to go for the scan ,but he says these pills that he has given me to keep me calm and sleep OK is made from flowers = no chemicals and I think because the pharmacy said no reimbursement its an over the counter job- the name of them is - Euphytose. €6.90.

Never a problem to fall asleep for me; but you see..... I'm already awake...

answering my e mails, feeding the cat, reading the paper, etc; i'll go back to bed, hopefully fall asleep again.. to wake up two or three hours lately, stay in bed , just thinking " where will I put that wardrobe? I wonder if the fridge will go there in the kitchen? , etc...  ( I'm moving soon..)

Sometimes I wish I could work at night and sleep in the daytime, I sleep much better in the afternoon........

My mum says I ve never been much of a sleeper, even as a baby, then a kid, I never needed much sleep.

Some idea for sleepless nights =

[:D]