8 murder charges

It can be very confusing being a male, am I allowed to say that or should it be on another thread?

Why is it that all the feminist "wimmin" always seem to hide behind a male user name?

Not that they manage to remain incognito for very long.

Yes a great pity - and shameful to use such a terrible tragedy for point scoring.

Does anybody believe that the father had no idea at all? I do find this incredible? Just like the wife of the Austrian chap who kept a daughter and her children to abuse, in his cellar?

[quote user="Swissie"]Yes a great pity - and shameful to use such a terrible tragedy for point scoring.

Does anybody believe that the father had no idea at all? I do find this incredible? Just like the wife of the Austrian chap who kept a daughter and her children to abuse, in his cellar?
[/quote]

Here the woman in question is very overweight, and could conceal her pregnancies without any problem, her neighbours and friends had no idea either. If she gave birth in a corner by herself, and strangled the newborn immediately, then it is conceivable her husband would never have known. Presumably we have all come across stories of a woman who had, herself, no idea she was pregnant (not the case here, as the women knew full well she was pregnant), and giving birth in a bathroom. I came across someone like this myself, and she truly did not realise, until the birth, that she had been pregnant. But, emphasis, not the case here.

It is very different from the Austrian man keeping and abusing his daughter and their children in the cellar. That was something which went on day in, day out, for years, not just a one-day event repeated 8 times.

Looking at the various articles about "the reasons" behind this, I found this one quite interesting:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2010/07/29/01016-20100729ARTFIG00580-ces-meres-infanticides-sont-incapables-de-s-expliquer.php

There is a difference made between "infanticide"  which is the killing of one's child (under the age of 14 I believe?), and "neo-naticide" which is the killing of one's newborn, less than 24 hours old.

In any case, here is a list of French neonaticides/infanticides of these last few years:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2010/07/28/01016-20100728ARTFIG00537-plusieurs-cas-d-infanticides-multiples-ces-dernieres-annees.php

[quote user="Swissie"]Yes agreed that the 2 cases are totally different. And a very interesting article. It just seems so unbelievable that couples can live in such a way, without the most basic of communication - so dreadfully sad.
[/quote]

Au contraire, Swissie, they "communicated" all right; perhaps even "connected" when they were making the babies!

Rather like madame la voisine who has never been seen together with monsieur and yet they are the parents of no fewer than eight children!

In Europe

:: In March, Celine Lesage admitted killing six of her newborns, whose corpses were found in her basement in northwest France.

:: In 2009, Veronique Courjault (pictured) was convicted of murdering three of her babies in France.

:: In 2006, a woman was convicted in Germany of killing eight of her newborns and burying them in flower pots and a fish tank.

Why is this happening  so much ?   There must be a lot more as yet undiscovered .

[quote user="pachapapa"]Just late abortion with a trendy name " nouveau né "...only 8...Simone Weil wins the prize....millions...was she impregnated Leo?[/quote]

Any chance of a translation my friend?  I really don't understand your meaning ?     "Just late abortion with a trendy name " nouveau né "...only 8...Simone Weil wins the prize....millions...was she impregnated Leo?"     Sorry to trouble you but I'm a little concerned as there appears to be lots of things going on in the world that I know nothing about, maybe you could enlighten me?