What happened to....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is worth pointing out that the great majority of the people mentioned have not been banned. In fact, if my memory serves me only one or two of them were actually banned. Even Chris who started this, could not have been banned or he wouldn't still be posting.

On a personal note I too miss Mazan who was mentioned near the beginning of the thread.

Hoddy

I think that it is worth pointing out that the great majority of the people mentioned have not been banned. In fact, if my memory serves me only one or two of them were actually banned. Even Chris who started this, could not have been banned or he wouldn't still be posting. On a personal note I too miss Mazan who was mentioned near the beginning of the thread.

Hoddy

Oooops [8-)]

I think that it is worth pointing out that the great majority of the people mentioned have not been banned. In fact, if my memory serves me only one or two of them were actually banned. Even Chris who started this, could not have been banned or he wouldn't still be posting. On a personal note I too miss Mazan who was mentioned near the beginning of the thread.

There used to be someone called Tag (I miss him   [6] ), made a beautiful comment about Padraig once.  I'll see if I can find it.

He was no longer Padraig, but Le Bouffon and Tag wrote:

Ah but in this cold dank time of year when Jack Frost is nibbling at out vitals and the spirits of the woods are terrifying us into staying close to fireside and bottle, we need a little light relief, a Cheeky Chappie/esse, a Laural and Hardy perhaps or to be in the spirit of things, a Mr Hulot with attitude. Let us leave him to drive the heavy lorry of his life along the motorways, down leafy byways, destroying ancient villages as he goes, knowing he is there to bring a chuckle, a laugh, sometimes a tear to our tired lives.  Yeah!

[:D]

I had to Wiki 'mojo' Gay, I'm even more confused now! I SO was banned Quills...don't you go trying to spoil my blemished record, if I remember, James came to the rescue?! I've met sevevral forum members and everyone seems really normal, apart from Meg & Mog perhaps, but she does come from the fens the poor dear!

Quillan, my English sometimes lets me down. You are right, I joined as Odile which is my name - but was soon re-named Swissie as a joke - so kept this name when I re-registered here.

I was asking PPP for 'evidence' that a member here posts under 2 different names, as he stated above. How would he know? Is PPP a moderator, I had no idea.

I have to say that it is really good to see Chris back on here and, hopefully Chris, you're here to stay for a while...

I used to post under a different name until one of the grumpy gits told me not to hide behind that name. So I started using my real one only to find that more and more folk went the other way...

Out of interest, does anybody remember the name I used to use?

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

There used to be someone called Tag (I miss him   [6] ), made a beautiful comment about Padraig once.  I'll see if I can find it.

He was no longer Padraig, but Le Bouffon and Tag wrote:

Ah but in this cold dank time of year when Jack Frost is nibbling at out vitals and the spirits of the woods are terrifying us into staying close to fireside and bottle, we need a little light relief, a Cheeky Chappie/esse, a Laural and Hardy perhaps or to be in the spirit of things, a Mr Hulot with attitude. Let us leave him to drive the heavy lorry of his life along the motorways, down leafy byways, destroying ancient villages as he goes, knowing he is there to bring a chuckle, a laugh, sometimes a tear to our tired lives.  Yeah!

[:D]

[/quote]

Did Tag really write that? Wow, it seems so long ago. Must've been a two bottle night. And , yes, the woolybanana is tag for those who love him, those being my initials. I might have had other identities too but I can't remember. My sister came into it briefly!

[quote user="Mel"]I have to say that it is really good to see Chris back on here and, hopefully Chris, you're here to stay for a while... I used to post under a different name until one of the grumpy gits told me not to hide behind that name. So I started using my real one only to find that more and more folk went the other way... Out of interest, does anybody remember the name I used to use?[/quote]

No but you are (I believe) the only person from the forum that I have ever met, that is if you are indeed the Mel that I met!

[quote user="Debra"]...I can't remember who he was before he was outcast! 

[/quote]

An anagram of soap... [;-)]

He and Mrs O originally used the same computer, and the same log-in, and hence we never knew which one was posting.

[quote user="Patf"]It's only a few weeks since he was banned from yet another expat forum - the one that followed the closure of the French News forum.
He lasted quite a long time, I believe.
[/quote]

Puzzled! I didn't know there was a forum that replaced the french news forum or do you mean the splinter group that started their own forum after they collectively in concert failed to get Terry banned from the french news forum.[:D]

And that's a point... Where is Terry?

I'm feeling all nostalgic now, a real trip down memory lane hearing all those old names. I've been on this forum for at least 10 years, but like many others had to re-register with another name when the website went a bit haywire (from what I can remember - or maybe I did!). I always thought Mazan, Dick Smith and Punch, amongst others, contributed 'really interesting observations' that kept things ticking along at a good pace.