What happened to....

All so recent, all so recent....

What about Coco? What about Mazan?

You're all mere babes as far as this forum is concerned......

I remember them Martin; Coco had a B & B in Normandy, was Mazan an electrician?

There were lots of people who were here and now aren't. It'd be nice to know where they ended up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get really nostalgic, and see some "old "names, have a look at the last page of the Health forum. It goes back to 2001!

But I think the posts must have been trimmed a bit. At one time you could put a reply next to a post earlier in the thread, so you would get several arguments going on at the same time.

Another one was TeamedUp who went back to England about 2 years ago.

Patf, The system changed, I can remember when you look at a thread and reply to the point right under it, even if someone else had done the same......

To answer the question about bans, yes some people did have temporary bans, and potentially this can still happen, but sometimes the first ban was permanent and after mutiple bans in some cases the ban is for ever......

I am still in touch with several of the people from the very early days of the forum, including a number of those mentioned. I'm not sure if they would want their details or present situation posted in public, but if anybody would like to get in touch privately about any of them, I will see if I can help.

I forgot all about the lovely Tresco! Where is she? I am now feeling all nostalgic.

I am one that had a name change because I couldn't log in and had to change, that was before 2004 though! Can't remember what my previous name was but it is definitely making me feel old because I have been looking in on the forum for probably going on nine years now.[blink]

[quote user="Swissie"]Personally I find it a pity that some people keep changing their names, or have different identities on several forums. Why do they feel the need to hide?
[/quote]

I have forgotten what you used to call yourself before leaving the forum in a huff never to come back but it wasnt Swissie!

The words pot, kettle, black, and never say never spring to mind! [:D]

I changed my name but only as a homage to my tormentor when he ahem, "of his own volition decided not to post here any more" not sure if that was temporary or permanent but he did make a brief comeback.

[quote user="Russethouse"]
 Don't  get carried away - not everyone on the list is banned, just those who couldn't long term  couldn't keep to the Code of Conduct.
One or two are banned on other forums too.....
[/quote]

And some left because they were bullied by people now banned. I think one of the people banned is not just banned on one or two forums but just about every forum. [;-)]

[quote user="Chris Head"]I'd like to think that as a team we were responsible for keeping a few mods up way beyond their bedtime and perhaps a few extra grey hairs?[/quote]

The moderators would like the members to believe that their posts are monitored 24/7. [;-)]

Depends what they did !!![;-)]
Personally I think variety is the spice of life and just have different names for fun......to be honest writing styles nearly always give the game away in any case.
[/quote]

So you were Ron in the Aveyron, after all!

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Personally I think variety is the spice of life and just have different names for fun......to be honest writing styles nearly always give the game away in any case.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not always true,I believe Salty Sam & fourtrax are actually twin brothers.[:D]

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="woolybanana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

have you got evidence to that effect?

I actually like it that people become born-again forum users, with a different name. It gives everyone an opportunity to redefine their relationships, clean slate and all that.

Beside, it's a lot of fun thinking up different names!

Of course, once you meet and become friends with another forum user, then it is a different ball game altogether, and makes it all worthwhile - usually.[:)]

[quote user="Swissie"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="woolybanana"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

have you got evidence to that effect?
[/quote]

No! Odile. Belief depends on mysterious factors like faith, enlightenment, being born again. But I do fancy I met someone once on a badger baiting session, now was that in Radnor or Powys.[:D]

[quote user="Swissie"]Swissie is what I was baptized here by some and adopted when I first joined - and it is now firmly mine here and elsewhere. There are some great people here and they were very much worth coming back for, thank you.
[/quote]

I don't think thats really right, I believe you posted here initially under another name that started with an 'O'.

With regards to your other question about proof, I don't think any of the moderators would answer that as it might lead to a possible breach of security but its also not unheard of for moderators of one forum to talk to moderators of another, for example. [;-)] Probably best left at that really as we are not supposed to discuss the running of the forum in public, on the forum (see T&C's)