Nationwide

ColinE

Hi.

Had a letter from them this morning offering FREE travel insurance vie the flexaccount, another con,

I am a type 2 Diabetic have been since 2001, never had a problem in that time cleared by the doctor and the DVLA, but had that thrown at me this morning when I made in inquiry, they wanted £80 just for me, we have travel insurance with NO restrictions with the HSBC Patinum card.

Also in the letter this morning says we now have to pay to draw money out in France, The reason for changing to them was because of no fees for using the cards in France, I am now thinking of moving back to HSBC, I have also written Nationwide a stinking letter, which most likely will end up in someone bin.

ColinE

All so called free travel insurance provided by banks as part of an account or credit card package are heavily qualified to preclude cover for any pre-existing medical condition and any new medical condition that arises, if the insurers are not notified. When notified the insurers reserve the right to decline cover for the disclosed medical condition or charge an increased premium as for ColinE.

In my humble opinion, these free travel insurance policies provided by banks and credit card companies, have so many exclusions to be all but useless for anyone other those who are in perfect health, with no medical history.

The problem being is that most of us do not read the small print and only discover the limitations when making a claim.