Water restrictions summer 2010

Oh how so true..South Vendee yesturday a woman was filling water containers from the village well hand pump. Drive out of the village and you will get your car washed from the huge arcing field watering equipment farmers manage to cover the road with at the same time !

What do these limitations mean for people with swimming pools?

Here many wine growers have just scuppered this year's harvest to save the plants - just before the rain arrived - we had quite a bit of rain today and a bit yesterday.

Last time we had a water shortage they flew helicopters around spotting who had green grass. One or two people got fined including our mayor who has the best kept grass in the village. He thought if he set his sprinkler system to water at night nobody would know, it also kept the road outside his house nice and clean.

[quote user="bubbles"]Well, there's a new French word I've come across!

Apparently, in our region the restrictions have been "picnifiees".

I love it.[/quote]

I read that as "planifiees", but I do agree "picnifiees" is a great word which should be used as often as possible

Patrick 

• 2 weeks later...
You need to go to a page on the internet (try your local department website and search about a bit) and read the decrit from you local prefecture to see exactly what you can and cannot do, in my area of the Vendee it is still permissible to water your veg plot and flower in pots between the hours of 20h00 and 08h00, it is also permissible to keep your pool topped up to ensure that your filtration is working correctly, you are not allowed to wash your car at home but can still use one of the professional car washes or pressure washers to do so.

arrêté préfectoral N° 10-DDTM-368 limitant les usages de l'eau du 3 août 2010
(Vendee)

I read a post on here or Total France with a link to a site where you input your post code and commune and this produced a detailed table of what you could or could not do. I forgot to bookùark it and can't remeber where I saw the post

The map above is not telling the whole story, you do however need to check regularly as the situation is changing weekly

T

Agreed the magician Borloo"s maps are pretty naff. The link you have lost is not much better though. Personally I prefer the Poitou-Charente information source for up to date local info for each commune in the region. Current situation in my commune in link below.

http://info.eau-poitou-charentes.org/GOURGE-79135.html

The Region link is below and incidentally it also includes the south part of La Vendée, the Marais Poitevin bit.

http://info.eau-poitou-charentes.org/

EDIT "k" superfluous removed from word link.

Great link thanks pachapapa.

I was a bit worried being in 79 and seeing this as the whole village knows I have just had my pool refurbished and refilled.  (Now known as "new pool man", even by the Fench locals).

Looking at your link I happily find my commune as a sea of green "no restrictions" surrounded by a whole lot of red.

Will keep it topped up whilst still green.

[quote user="pitway"]You need to go to a page on the internet (try your local department website and search about a bit) and read the decrit from you local prefecture to see exactly what you can and cannot do, in my area of the Vendee it is still permissible to water your veg plot and flower in pots between the hours of 20h00 and 08h00, it is also permissible to keep your pool topped up to ensure that your filtration is working correctly, you are not allowed to wash your car at home but can still use one of the professional car washes or pressure washers to do so.

arrêté préfectoral N° 10-DDTM-368 limitant les usages de l'eau du 3 août 2010 (Vendee)

I read a post on here or Total France with a link to a site where you input your post code and commune and this produced a detailed table of what you could or could not do. I forgot to bookùark it and can't remeber where I saw the post

The map above is not telling the whole story, you do however need to check regularly as the situation is changing weekly

T
[/quote]

Out of curiosity checked your link and navigated back to limitations usage; the page is totally naff with obtuse PDF files to arrêtés.

Try the Portion of the Vendée coverd by the Poitou-Charente website, it goes up to about the latitude of Nourmoutier and the southern end of the bocage.

Your link was the one I was thinking of, however just rechecked my area and it is out of date there has been a further Arrêté since then, Poitou-Charente may well be upto date but the Vendee isn't unfortunatly so will have to stick with trawling the naff Vendee website trawling being the issue! but now I know what I am looking for it is a bit easier to navigate, when it works!

T

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Swissie"]What do these limitations mean for people with swimming pools?[/quote]

There should be a notice up in your local mairie So if I have read that correctly it is OK to top up your pool in order to ensure the filtration system is working correctly.

remplissage des piscines à usage familial,

sauf contraintes de maintenance (maintien du niveau d'eau pour filtration),

sauf chantiers réalisés par des professionnels (test d'étanchéité des piscines...),

Abridged notice sent to all mairies and should be displayed,  this is dated the 14th August. The site has not issued anything since then. link here

The full prefectural notice is on the this link

However, I think that now the end of the holiday season is nearly upon us they may well stop that too, especially if we don't get a reasonable amount of rain very soon.

Sort of rained here today but it was only a dribble!

Tim

[quote user="ernie"]

No notice in my Mairie and they are on holiday.

Here is a useful link :  http://info.eau-poitou-charentes.org/

Just enter your commune and Voilà.

I can still water the remaining veggies.

Ernie

[/quote]

Agreed the magician Borloo"s maps are pretty naff. The link you have lost is not much better though. Personally I prefer the Poitou-Charente information source for up to date local info for each commune in the region. Current situation in my commune in link below.

http://info.eau-poitou-charentes.org/GOURGE-79135.html

The Region link is below and incidentally it also includes the south part of La Vendée, the Marais Poitevin bit.

http://info.eau-poitou-charentes.org/

EDIT "k" superfluous removed from word link.