English speaking hairdresser

tonyd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When searching out a hairdresser their linguistic ability should come secondary to their ability not to turn you into one of megenta masses.  Take a picture, any one will do you will still howl when you come out and you will not resemble the picture!

Sorry cant help, where is 22 anyway?

[quote user="Richard51"]and take a platinum card with you...or at least a three figure amount in cash!  Actually, it might be cheaper just to fly home for a cut.[/quote]

Really? SWMBO tells me that the one she goes to in France is far cheaper that the UK equivalent.

Regards

Pickles

Welcome to the forum Tony, although by now I guess you wish you never joined.

I don't remember anyone getting such a hostile response when they asked for an English speaking accountant. I guess you lot probably think that because the name of the OP is Tony its a mens hairdresser he/she is asking for but if it was a he then he might of been asking on behalf of his wife. My wife in the past has asked around for an English speaking hairdresser (not here thankfully) because her 'O' level French was not good enough to explain exactly what type of cut etc she wanted. Still I guess thats the last we shall see of that poster. |I think some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, pompous lot that you are.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Richard51"]and take a platinum card with you...or at least a three figure amount in cash!  Actually, it might be cheaper just to fly home for a cut.[/quote]

Really? SWMBO tells me that the one she goes to in France is far cheaper that the UK equivalent.

Regards

Pickles

[/quote]

My normal colour and foils etc in the UK is £35.  I went to my local village hairdresser in France and had exactly the same thing - cost €110.  I make sure I have my hair done in the UK now. (I can get three return flights to the UK for the price of a visit to the hairdressers!)

Quillan, I wish someone had told me the price of a french haircut before I indulged - it would have saved me a fortune.

Mrs R51

Hey don't shoot the messenger !!! If the OP's wife has issues with the french language, it's not going to an English speaking hairdresser that is going to improve the situation. When i were a lad in my early days in Whitley Bay (North of the Tyne....) i had to battle with barbers to make myself understood...no french speaking barber around then and now. As a linguist, i strongly support the learning of a foreign language and errors do happen.....when the OP's wife gets sick of having the wrong colour highlights, she will eventually succeed in the language of the country they live in.

[quote user="ericd"]Hey don't shoot the messenger !!! If the OP's wife has issues with the french language, it's not going to an English speaking hairdresser that is going to improve the situation. When i were a lad in my early days in Whitley Bay (North of the Tyne....) i had to battle with barbers to make myself understood...no french speaking barber around then and now. As a linguist, i strongly support the learning of a foreign language and errors do happen.....when the OP's wife gets sick of having the wrong colour highlights, she will eventually succeed in the language of the country they live in.[/quote]

No body said they actually live in the country. We spend a lot of time in France but don't " live here", we found a real gem of a hairdresser who was English. and let me tell you it is good to be able to get what you are paying for, not what someone thinks you want. As you are a such linguist Eric I'd have thought that you would know that in English  I and French are spelt with a capital letter. Nice to see that the spirit of helpfulness to newcomers is alive and well. [:P]