Trouble at the Mairie

Gardian

The farmers I knew who hunted did so because they allowed the hunt to cross (and hunt in) their land. Bit like the local pub, landlord was a member but then he allowed them to use his pub for meetings. He also had a field big enough to take a couple of helicopters as some hunters flew in and used his horses to hunt (I don't think they were farmers but you never know [;-)]). I remember this because the helicopters used to scare my dog as we lived only a couple of 100M away. Perhaps different parts of the country have different types of members and do things things differently.

One branch of my family has close ties with the Border Hunt in the UK.They are sheep farmers and need to keep the fox population down. So to some extent I do support fox hunting.
My uncle Ian is the oldest ex- MFH,in Britain (aged 97) and my cousin Michael retired last year as MFH.
Here's a link to a nice photo of them;

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/news-at-a-glance/masters-of-the-hunt-born-to-a-600-year-family-tradition-1.558346?referrerPath=news/news_at_a_glance

If it doesn't work, hoping someone can fix it.
The report outlines the hunting situation in the UK in 2009.

Well I never said I supported hunting foxes with dogs. That is a little stupid, but I can see the point of riding around the countryside.

I do support hunting per se, with a gun and do own a large number. I dont personally hunt, though I love eating game when I can.

In the UK a combination a lack of common sense, Health and Safety and the pure apathy of the common man has led to a situation that for even me as a foriegener is not acceptable.