Why do they keep letting them out ?!

A thirty year old woman was jogging on Sunday near Lille.  She was training for a marathon and worked at a Décathlon sports shop.

This man jumped on her, half strangled her, threw her in the boot of his car, took her to the forest and killed her with a knife and a screwdriver!

http://actu.orange.fr/france/joggeuse-retrouvee-morte-un-suspect-deja-condamne-pour-viol-avoue-le-meurtre_44455.html

He had already been sentenced to ten years prison for raping a jogger, but was released after less than four years only last year!

All the fuss about "dangerous dogs", most of which wouldn't even hurt a fly and meanwhile they keep letting these individuals out on the loose to start again.

What are we supposed to do to defend ourselves?

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

He had already been sentenced to ten years prison for raping a jogger, but was released after less than four years only last year!

[/quote]

Incarceration for just 4 yrs for rape is a disgrace: he shouldn't have been released that soon, whether he re-offended or not.

However, he would have to have been released at some point in time - 10yrs, 15yrs, I don't know. The problem then is what on earth do you do?  Society can't keep tabs on these sort of people 24/7. 

I don't know what the answer is CA, but just that it's one hell of a problem.

An awful case and a totally innocent woman who has been defiled by someone who doesn't deserve the term 'animal'. 

And yet another terrible tragedy that will dissuade more women from going jogging, or to just go walking on their own! This will add to the familiar pang of unease which I am sure, many women experience on encountering a man, or men, outdoors in isolated spots.

I don't have the answer either, about what to do with such individuals...

Apart from having a mobile, a big scary dog, and/or a can of mace, I really don't know what we women could do to feel safer. And I so resent the notion that only having a male companion would ensure safety...

It is even more horrific, somehow, that this murder should happen to someone who was doing all she could to stay fit and healthy - so ironic - and what a terrible way to die.

I was in that Decathlon today if it was the one at Henin-Beaumont Lille, they have a photo-montage of all their staff, she was probably on it, they are pretty much all, young, fit and ougoing, the guy on the customer services desk is a tetraplegic athlete.

A terrible loss

They are now saying it was completely premeditated.  He had been seen hanging around since the end of July on two jogging routes and cables were found in his car.  He says he had "pulsions irrépressibles" and his previous victim said she knew he would do it again.

http://actu.orange.fr/une/joggeuse-tuee-le-suspect-defere-en-vue-de-sa-mise-en-examen_45069.html

Many years ago in France there was the story, maybe I've told it before, of a nurse who was raped by two young men.  She then gave them a "friendly" rendez-vous in her flat, put something in their drinks to knock them out and castrated them both.  I bet they never raped anyone after that!

So we have a couple who meet on the net, send text messages to each other whilst they are in the same room before getting down to rumpy pumpy, then start abusing each others friends via fessbook before making a false rape accusation.

Oh the marvels of modern "communbication"