Small coins.

Bugsy

I get quite a few of these too.  Where I work, one of the guys has a jar on his desk where many of us throw our tiddlers.  Every now and then he gets his kids to count it out and he changes it up at the bank and donates it to local charities - he sticks the deposit reciepts to the jar so we can all see how much and to who.  The nice thing is that the firm where I'm working does 'Donation matching' so if we collect say €50, the firm doubles it.  Sticking coins in a collecting jar is an easy way of making a small difference.

I give mine either to our Anglican church or to the Cancer Support Vendee.

Equally I have started to collect two euro pieces as part of the 'spending money' for holidays next year. Stupid I know.

However now have over 300 euros in 2 euro pieces! Our bank is in Normandie and our local bank as we are not a customer will not accept them. Any thoughts

[quote user="Bugsy"]We, like, I'm sure, many others, have accumulated a small pile of one and two-cent coins. Any idea what we can do with them ?[/quote]

Send them to me and I will spend them with mine in the boulangerie, they always welcome small change.

[quote user="dragonrouge"]...Our bank is in Normandie and our local bank as we are not a customer will not accept them. Any thoughts[/quote]

Even your own bank may not want them. I remember trying to pay in a reasonable amount of cash, including a lot of small-denomination coins, at a local branch of CA Normandie, and the only way I could do that was by going round the back and waiting in line with all the defaulters.

[:)]

We accumulated a large number of coins simply by buying something in a store and handing over a large note to save trying to understand how much the items cost - the language problem.

I therefore had the idea - give them over at the tolls.

So for one of our trips I did a route plan that showed the tolls and counted out conis to the value and placed them into individual bags.

So the trip started - collect the ticket drive to the toll booth and the OH haded over the coins from the bag (RHD car). Got to the second pay booth and a note was handed over. As we drove away I enquired why the change had not been given over only to be informed that 'I did not want to be given the look I got at the first pay booth'.

Paul