Susan Boyle this evening

pachapapa

Worth a look in this evening on F3, a varied group of stars singing Christmas Fayre to the backdrop of Holiday on Ice.

Including Susan Boyle and Les Prètres.

Noël sous les étoiles

Avec :  Chantal Goya, Salvatore Adamo, Chantal Ladesou, Anthony Kavanagh, Patrick Fiori, Yannick Noah, Philippe Candeloro, Garou, Daniela Lumbroso, Lara Fabian, Jenifer, Nolwenn Leroy, Mamma Mia, Stéphane Rousseau, Grégoire, Susan Boyle, Les Prêtres.

20:35 kick off.

Surely twas the program that was mindless viewing pleasure, Britains got talent or whatever it was.

Plenty of mindless shows on French Tv she could appear on too!

I shall watch it unless there is something highbrow like Agence Tous Risques on another channel [;-)]

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Funnily enough, Will, I was thinking that this should have been on the other thread!  I don't know who this person is though so she might be good for all I know  (I've heard the name but have never heard her).

I have nothing against mindless telly btw.

[/quote]

Especially for you Coops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="cooperlola"]

Funnily enough, Will, I was thinking that this should have been on the other thread!  I don't know who this person is though so she might be good for all I know  (I've heard the name but have never heard her).

I have nothing against mindless telly btw.

[/quote]

Especially for you Coops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

[/quote]Oh, ta.

I think I'll stick to dinner with the neighbours (and hope they don't have it switched on.)[:D]

Thanks for mentioning it pachapapa.  I'll probably watch, not for SuBo but more for Chantal Goya.  My children grew up with her 'spectacles' and I always get a lump in my throat when I hear her singing 'Voulez vous danser grandmere'.  I went off her though when she said she didn't actually like children.

Enjoying it...no SµB@ yet....colourful scenario....la patinoire du hôtel de ville...immediately after Chantal the change of the La Vielle Dame to her christmas finery.

If you like Christmas Classical Concerts the Tenerife one takes some beating, starts at 23:00 CET on TV Canarias Internacional, apart from the 20,000 who watch it live an estimated 500,000 watch it in Europe and the Americas on TV.

Now that is weird, we were discussing Chantal Goya this evening and some sort of fall from grace after putting her foot in it, quite a number of years ago.

When did she get said foot in the door again on TV?

I have to say that I could not stand her or Dorothee. Apart from Telechat, there really were some terrible programs on for kids when mine were young.

Idun I quite agree about Dorothée, I thought her programmes for children were absolutely débile.  Chantal Goya was a different variety of entertainer - she allowed children to grow up and retain their innocene for just a bit longer and was absolutely adored by children.  She did mention last night that at her current 'spectactles', it's young people of thirty something who come and bring their children.