Woe, woe and thrice Woe!

We decided to use the left-over meat and make a curry for this evening. OH is a dab-hand at this but whilst stirring all the various ingredients, he managed to get splashes of curry on his beige trousers. That'll teach him to cook without a pinny!!!

Anyway, the only solution now is to buy one of those coloured dyes which one puts in the washing machine. Could some helpful and friendly soul please inform us what these are called in French? Ta ever so....... let's hope the curry tastes good!

Thank you to all concerned - Varnish partially worked, then I put washing powder on each of the 5 stains, and now we have white patches where we had curry-coloured before. Will have to go for the dylon option probably. Thanks again.

Had they been taken off immediately and the affected areas thoroughly washed under cold water with a bit of soap or a tiny drop washing up liquid they would probably have come up as good as new.

I've been known to actually suck out an obstinate mark but in all cases speed of response is the key.

[quote user="Evianers"]Thank you to all concerned - Varnish partially worked, then I put washing powder on each of the 5 stains, and now we have white patches where we had curry-coloured before. Will have to go for the dylon option probably. Thanks again.
[/quote]

If you go for the Dylon option - check the instructions before you leave the shop, you may need salt to set the dye (and isn't it always a Sunday when you find out you need it!) 

I'm afraid we fell - once only - for the Vanish advertising "puff".    Very disappointed with it

Similarly for Cillit Bang,   which is no better than any average cleaning product.

I know it's only applicable to Britain,  but in the "old days" the Independent Television Authority (subsequently IBA) actually insisted on independent tests on wonder-claims prior to authorising a particular advert,  and if you saw something "miraculous" (such as a one wipe solution to 100 years of encrusted cooking grease) then it was actually "true".  

Good luck with the stains,   I just wear dark clothes the whole time as otherwise I'd look like a complete tramp.....

I have tried dying stuff that I have managed to stain and then make other awful marks instead, with the products to get the stains out.

If you manage to get the dye to not be a different colour where the stains were in the first place, please let us know.

These days IF I cannot get stains out the clothes are used as work/garden clothes. I won't go to the expense of the dye and salt for them just to end up as 'old' clothes.