Cancelling insurance

Viv

Me and OH got a quote for house insurance the other day and were told that due to the new rules we will be sent a renewal notice and have 20 days (i think) to cancel, otherwise the new insurer said that if we go in to them, they will cancel it on our behalf. We went in with a couple of months to spare as we were worried about cancelling in time but it now seems like it should be hassle free!!

[quote user="louweezel"]    Me and OH got a quote for house insurance the other day and were told that due to the new rules we will be sent a renewal notice and have 20 days (i think) to cancel, otherwise the new insurer said that if we go in to them, they will cancel it on our behalf. We went in with a couple of months to spare as we were worried about cancelling in time but it now seems like it should be hassle free!!
[/quote]

You'd think so wouldn't you? But last year the letter I had was dated so far back in time, that when it arrived it appeared that the 20 day period had expired, although I had only just recieved it .[:@] Call me an old cynic, but I think this was a ploy.

So I'm not alone in continually missing the deadline to change! Every year I investigate new (and cheaper) house insurance but have failed to make the change.

I know we all have different requirements and conditions but could anyone comment on the best company to deal with?

Thanks, Alistair

[quote user="napoleon"]

So I'm not alone in continually missing the deadline to change! Every year I investigate new (and cheaper) house insurance but have failed to make the change.

I know we all have different requirements and conditions but could anyone comment on the best company to deal with?

Thanks, Alistair

[/quote]

I've done everything under the one roof for easiness: my bank!