un derriere ample!

idun

From the Yahoo web site today 2 Sept 2011:

Having a big bum

If you regularly spend hours in the gym trying to trim inches off your thighs or bum, it may be time you stopped and showed your curves a little appreciation instead. While you may despair of your curvy rear end, research shows that fat stored in this area mops up harmful fatty acids, contains an anti-inflammatory that prevents arteries from clogging, and cuts your risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke.

If this is true, then what good news for us ladies who are, shall we say, 'shapely'.

Did you know that in parts of Africa, a woman with a large bottom and hip definition is considered by a man a very good asset to look out for whilst prospecting for a wife.

My mother's wise words when I first left home : 'Look after yourself and don't get a fat bottom my girl, or a foreigner we'll take you away for marriage' [:D]

[:$] Sorry Mum ...

[quote user="Bugsy"]You women are so lucky, mine seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate. The joys of getting older. .[/quote]

Strange you should say that, Bugs.  Well, strange but reassuring.  It's happening to poor old OH as well.

Every winter, when I give him his flu jab, it gets increasingly difficult to find a bit of substantial thigh to put the needle into and so I am having to resort to putting it in his derrière.