• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/16/new.york.imf.questioning/index.html?hpt=T2

"Prosecutors detailed a laundry list of charges against him including

two counts of first-degree criminal sexual act; one count of

first-degree attempted rape; one count of first-degree sexual abuse; one

count of second-degree unlawful imprisonment; one count of forcible

touching; and one count of third-degree sexual abuse.

Defense

attorneys noted Strauss-Kahn's lack of a criminal record and said he

would be prepared to stay with his daughter in New York if released on

bail. They suggested a bail amount of $1 million.

But, Jackson

told Strauss-Kahn defense attorney Benjamin Brafman, "The same rules

apply to your defendant as all defendants, and I am a fair judge."

That's a lot of charges.  It will be very interesting to hear his version.

[quote user="just john "]you're gunning for him too then Clair [:)] . . . .[/quote]

Not gunning, but I have said before I thought he is a sleaze...

I don't feel much love towards Sego, François Hollande or Martine Aubry either, none for Marine Le Pen (spit) or her father (vomit) and I think Sarko is a clown, except he is not funny.

Colour me cynical! [:D]

As an aside, the details you mentioned earlier are in the report distributed by the prosecution. Apparently, very specific details.

[quote user="Lori"]But, Jackson

told Strauss-Kahn defense attorney Benjamin Brafman, "The same rules

apply to your defendant as all defendants, and I am a fair judge."[/quote]

She also said her refusal was based on the fact DSK was on a plane on its way out of the country...

For crying out loud, how was this not widely known?

[quote]Ayant suivi DSK entre 1997 et 1999, comme ministre des Finances, j'ai pu assister à plusieurs reprises à son comportement à l'égard de certaines femmes qui m'a particulièrement choqué, et je disposais de plusieurs témoignages de consœurs qui avaient fait l'objet de comportements «inappropriés» de DSK. Ce que je n'arrive toujours pas à comprendre, c'est pourquoi personne n'en a parlé avant moi. En Suède, aux Etats-Unis ou en Angleterre, DSK n'aurait même pas commencé sa carrière politique. Source

Having followed DSK
between 1997 and 1999, when he was finance minister, there were several occasions when I was
particularly shocked by his behaviour toward some women and I had several testimonies from colleagues who had been the subject of DSK's "inappropriate" behaviour. What I still cannot understand is why nobody has mentioned this before. In Sweden, the United States or England, DSK would not even have started a political career.[/quote]

2007 blog entry

(translation)

[quote user="woolybanana"]Please, please, please can someone teach me how to wallow is sex!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Ah my, how I have laughed. 'wallow', word I haven't used or thought about for some time, so I thought 'look it up'. So I did, and it said 'slosh around in'. Still smiling now, is that what you really want Wooly? I am suddenly feeling rather ignorant about some subjects.

Those charges, if this is true, then how horrific and terrifying for this woman.  [:@] I'll tell you all one thing if my teeth had been near any sensitive part of anyone who was doing me such harm and I would have bitten as hard as I could.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Perhaps he does have diplomatic immunity after all that he can invoke at any time

[/quote]

He does get limited immunity, but only when acting on behalf of the IMF, and even then it can be revoked by the IMF.

As he was not in NY on business and is charged with something which happened in a hotel room rather than in the corridors of power, no immunity.

[quote user="idun"]I'll tell you all one thing if my teeth had been near any sensitive part of anyone who was doing me such harm and I would have bitten as hard as I could. [/quote]

I have to admit thinking the same thing.

[quote user="Lori"][quote user="idun"]I'll tell you all one thing if my teeth had been near any sensitive part of anyone who was doing me such harm and I would have bitten as hard as I could. [/quote]

I have to admit thinking the same thing.

[/quote]

Does 'Bobbit' ring any bells?[:-))]