What is going on in London?

Joe

Busy day, just catching up with the latest expert views - some of which I find highly amusing!

[quote]Sorry to contradict you Salty Sam, but this is what was said in the article:[/quote]

Well, if it was in the Daily Wail, it must be right!

[quote]Pads, I don't know if the coats you refer to in wild boar hunting are protection or the orange ones so they can be seen easily and not mistaken for a boar.[/quote]

I would love to see the protective jacket, Kevlar or whatever, with or without orange panels, which would protect a dog against a wild boar! My Springer Spaniel has a protective jacket against brambles and thorns, it's called fur!

[quote]Dog Armour, which can include thermal cooling packs for the sceptical.[/quote]

Ask a Dog Handler why they don't use them!

[quote]The dogs could be brought out as a dissuasive for a demonstration, but not a riot and if a demonstration turns into a riot they could retreat and be replaced by something else.  How's that?[/quote]

Well it would provide some useful work for members of the RSPCA. I beleive that are dab hands with captive bolt guns!

[quote]Sam you are banging your head against a brick wall mate.[/quote]

Yes Nick, you're right. But is it fair on the wall? There must be a few out there who are strictly against the abuse of brick walls[:D]

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Salty Sam"]

Busy day, just catching up with the latest expert views - some of which I find highly amusing!

[quote]Sorry to contradict you Salty Sam, but this is what was said in the article:[/quote]

Well, if it was in the Daily Wail, it must be right!

[quote]Pads, I don't know if the coats you refer to in wild boar hunting are protection or the orange ones so they can be seen easily and not mistaken for a boar.[/quote]

I would love to see the protective jacket, Kevlar or whatever, with or without orange panels, which would protect a dog against a wild boar! My Springer Spaniel has a protective jacket against brambles and thorns, it's called fur!

[quote]Dog Armour, which can include thermal cooling packs for the sceptical.[/quote]

Ask a Dog Handler why they don't use them!

[quote]The dogs could be brought out as a dissuasive for a demonstration, but not a riot and if a demonstration turns into a riot they could retreat and be replaced by something else.  How's that?[/quote]

Well it would provide some useful work for members of the RSPCA. I beleive that are dab hands with captive bolt guns!

[quote]Sam you are banging your head against a brick wall mate.[/quote]

Yes Nick, you're right. But is it fair on the wall? There must be a few out there who are strictly against the abuse of brick walls[:D]

[/quote]

No I'm not, just try hitting your 'heads' much harder please.

Thank you RH.  Good for him, at least he is showing some concern.

There was a programme on the other night about a town in the States, pretty houses and green lawns, where it's all terror, drugs, gangs and killings.  One kid said he joined a gang to belong somewhere, to exist, as his mother was on crack and he had no family life, similar to the remarks Prince Charles made.

To those on the Forum who thought Cameron was doing a wonderful job, was masterful, decisive, etc and who laughed at me when I said I was contemptuous of Cameron's "efforts" in the wake of the riots, this might persuade you to think again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2028283/PETER-HITCHENS-The-picture-tells-you-need-know-Great-Faker.html

Now, me, I don't like to say I told you so but it's hot, I have had too big a lunch out and I feel like hitting back![6]

The words of the Prime Minister

" National Citizen Service is non military but aims to foster the same sense of responsibility

and self discipline . Its about young people spending time away from home doing a mix of tough physical activities like climbing and hiking alongside work in the community. They might be coaching younger children to play football. Visiting elderly patients in hospital or offering a bike repair service to the community "

Climbing ! They can already shin up a drainpipe ..Hiking . ! Physical Activity !

Try and catch one after they have burgled your house they can run like a gazelle !

Gosh, I never thought I would say this but I wish they would actually listen to Prince Charles he has a long history in dealing with young people and although I doubt I would agree with everything he says I suspect he does have something to offer. At least he and his sons 'got out there' last week.........

I'm for anything that gives some of these youngsters self esteem and a good set of values - if you don't value yourself there isn't so much chance you'll value anything else.......

Something needs to be done to address this problem. National Citizen Service seems to be one of the better proposals put forward so far. Having a resentful underclass that feel detached from the rest of society is not making things better. Giving these people some strict discipline may well be the best way to progress this. It would also help to give them some hope that they are not trapped on these sink estates. Something constructive needs to done to break the vicious circle that is a cancer on our society here in Britain

And as this will be " Voluntary " How are they likely to get gang leaders in London and their followers to leave the streets and the drug trade for the summer school holiday period That is the plan and go hiking in the Lake District or wherever ?

I would love to know how they plan to achieve that .

• 1 month later...

[quote user="Frederick"]And as this will be " Voluntary " How are they likely to get gang leaders in London and their followers to leave the streets and the drug trade for the summer school holiday period That is the plan and go hiking in the Lake District or wherever ? I would love to know how they plan to achieve that .[/quote]

Did you really post tuesday afternoon at 14:34?