Marks and Spencer back in France

NormanH

When there was an M&S in Lyon I called in with a french friend of mine. She bought a top and her italian husband considered it too naughty to go out in. Apparently I had led her astray by encouraging  her to buy it. [Www]

I liked M&S in europe, always used it far more than I would ever consider using UK M&S. I'm glad it is back in France.

No one has ever mentioned C&A on here; I used to buy a lot from C&A in France, in Geneva and in Holland.

As it costs 4.95€ in p&p from the French site, there really is very little advantage over the £7.50 from the UK, given the product price differences, especially for those of us with sterling income in the UK.  If I had a local shop, maybe, but otherwise I'll still be using the British site.  Oh, and C&As in Le Mans too (quality a little under Marks, I give you, but so are the prices.)

I have had some wonderful quality things from C&A and they have lasted. Of the very few things I buy from M&S I am wearing a cardigan this afternoon, about the third time I have worn it and it is  bitty already. IF M&S was once great quality, I personally find their customer service and goods of a similar standard these days and generally not for me.

I go to C&A regularly in Brest to buy underwear because they have such a range and selection of cup sizes for bras. I can buy packs of knickers for less than €7 for five pairs compared to €2,50 or more in the supermarket for those DIM things that only last a few washes before they fall apart. Our Parisien friend loves M&S for everything and was very upset when the Paris store closed as he loved the quality over French stuff for far more money. He also loves UK clothing and many years ago I had to order a Duffel coat for his daughter from the company that makes them for the Navy and it lasted years and years too.

Just looked at the M&S site - colours so boring this year in the marque I usually find suits me best.

We have a C&A in Narbonne, must admit that it seems to have stuff that you cannot find elsewhere, though the attraction of M&S is that it is UK sizing so you know (roughly) what will fit and what won't!  And I've yet to find better knickers than M&S do!  Fortunately I bought a good stock with me.

Dim underwear for blokes is pretty hard wearing, I still have a couple of pairs that i bought in 2004 that are still quite wearable, mind you I only use them when I think I might need my lucky pants, there are loads of contrafaçon Dim produsts around.

Did you know that  you can now order Tesco clothing from France?

I have had to replace my entire wardrobe this year and some of the best quality and value that I have bought has come from Tesco, its £6.95 for delivery to France a couple of quid less to germany or Poland, you can also order all the reduced to clear items.

If like me you already have some Tesco clothing and know your size that fits it may be usefull, I have just placed an order, they have thought it out well in respect of cards to adresses registered in either France or the UK

[quote user="Val_2"]I go to C&A regularly in Brest to buy underwear because they have such a range and selection of cup sizes for bras...[/quote]

I have just placed an order for underwear at Littlewoods Europe.

I have not used them before, but their offer of free delivery for orders over 30€ arrived just at the right time fro me to stock up.

This is still valid until 24th November (HERE).