so... why did you stay in France... revisited

Rose

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Italian Girl"]Several familiar names are mentioned in this post but I didn’t see Coco’s. She was the first person that stood out on this board for me with her sometimes feisty comments. Does anyone know whether she’s still running her B&B in Normandy?[/quote]Hello Margaret [:)] Yes, Coco is still around though perhaps not on this forum. I saw her earlier in the year and she was very very busy but fine. She's in her 8th or 9th year running her (extremely successful) b&b, if I remember correctly.

So, so good to see you back Margaret.  You are the Margaret who lived in India which we talked about and about citrons pressés?  If it is you, and I think it must be, I have missed you on here.

Funny, both places I dream about, India and Tuscany (as well as Tunisia and Morocco).  There is such beautiful scenery and architecture in Italy, otherwise I know very little about it, so it's very interesting to hear your tales and if ever you have any photos of the scenery.   [:)]   Can't see you post now, how long have you been there?  Edit, just seen, nearly five years, goodness.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

If I remember correctly Dick Smith just got tired of the forums - Will may know..... I sometimes wonder about Chris Head who did the wood carving with a chain saw - he came back briefly but he's not been around for a while.....

What about Tresco ?

I know a really nice lady called Magaret moved to Italy rather than France, after years of learning French too !

[/quote]

Sorry to be late coming to this discussion. Dick is still around. We're still in touch with him and some other former forum users via Fessebook, which is very handy as I can't justify keeping our Normandy forum going any more.

My little ears have been burning! Now I know why. I remember being really afraid of Outcast and that he would track me down and beat me up! Remember Ray aveyron? I played hell with him! Yes and I really miss Tresco and Chris Head and Furry Knickers and all the other usual suspects - they were quite fun days especially during the cold winter nights after a couple of glasses of wine!!! I will be hooking up with JK at the end of this month and will also be seeing Pads and Chateau Miaou - very nice ladies indeed. Rose is gorgeous too - fantastic sense of humour! Just can't get back into the forum anymore though - have been brainwashed by Facebook I'm afraid. I've only been on here for 10 minutes and I keep looking for the Like button ;)

I'm glad you like Fessbook, Twinks.  I find it deadly dull - all the people I know on there who post regularly seem to do nothing but post about what they eat, what they've done to their house and/or garden, when their brats last smiled/pooed/got a GCSE or whatever.  Although I do bump into the man from the Aveyron from time to time (as my o/h used to on the train back in the old days in the UK.) Maybe I'm just not mixing with the right people.

Nice to see you - don't forget us now you're living in FB land. [:)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]- come on FB with me if you like.[/quote]Aw...[:$]

If you'd like to pm me your details I'll put in a friend request.  So many people on here are just forum names to me and when I try to look for friends there are always too many people of the same name whom I don't know from Adam/Eve.

I did enjoy the movie though!

I don't belong to any private groups, nor do I know much about them.  Many of my contacts on FB are sports car racing contacts with whom, one discovers very quickly, I don't have a great deal in common beyond our love of the sport.  Thus reading about what their kids are doing and (worse and worse) their policitcal and religious opinions makes me either bored or angry or both![:-))]   I have found a few friends on there but nobody I had lost touch with so I don't think I've gained a lot that good old letters and e-mail didn't cover.

I have owned a house in France since 2000 but had to go back to England in 2003 but I am coming back to live in France soonish and can't wait. Just to say that over the many years I have been reading the forum how much I appreciate the regular posters and their expertise and miss them when they disappear. In the early days I always enjoyed Teamedup posts which were a sometimes scary counterbalance to the rose tinted spectacles of most of the rest of us. So glad she is still here even under a different name. Wish I knew what it was! I also wish we still had the archive from the pre 2004 posts what a different time that was.

I miss Furryknickers, he was amazing !

And also a lady who lived in Normandy, chatting with her was always so pleasant, but I've forgotten her username.

I'm glad Twinkle is back these days.

I am also on facebook, if you want my address Twinkle, or people I like on here ( they will recognize themselves) send me a PM . [:)] , I will add you to my list .

Fb can be boring, it's true, but it can also be great.