Where to buy a "USA propane tank" connector part in France?

hstraf

We brought our propane BBQ to France when we moved. The problem is now we need to replace a part and I can't find a replacement anywhere since the French BBQs use either butane or propane with different attachements.

I have a Weber Q220 BBQ, and am trying to figure out how to connect it to a "local" propane tank connector.

So basically, I need this part here:

http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6501-6-Foot-Adapter-Go-Anywhere/dp/B0012XXD4Y/ref=dp_cp_ob_ol_title_0

(And then I will simply cut off the "USA propane tank" end and put a standard french tank connector into it. So I really only need the end of the hose which connects to the BBQ.)

Or if anyone knows how I can get a part like this shipped to France:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150526172605

(My BBQ has a female connector on it, which fits a standard USA "throwaway" propane cannister. I want to connect to a normal French propane tank, so I need a 1" male to ?? adapter.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Weber BBQ's are sold all over Europe including France and the UK just in case you didn't know that.

Just to save a bit of confusion I have to assume that you mean cylinder and not tank. We, that's the English (or British if you prefer) refer to the 'tank' thing that you buy at the supermarket gas station and return when empty as a cylinder or bottle. A tank would be one of those big things that runs your central heating etc that  lorry comes and fill's up once a year.

Anyway what you want is a regulator (you must use a regulator in Europe) and pipe which you can buy in DIY shops (certainly Brico Depot sell them as I bought one there yesterday) and even supermarkets over here. You may also require an adapter to go on the BBQ which are standard (you can probably buy that in DIY shops etc) on to which you then push and clip the other end of the pipe. The BBQ, pipe and regulator are permanently fixed together and the regulator connects directly to the gas cylinder.

Hello,

I actually already have the regulator I need, which came with the BBQ when I purchased it.

All I need now is the adapter to go from my regulator "input" to the French cylinder. (They use different sizes of connections, which is why I posted...)

Hi,

No you can't do that (have an adapter) you need to buy a new regulator and possibly pipe as well (don't forget the flexible pipe does have a life expectancy and will have a date stamped on it after which you need to replace it). We are not talking a lot of money, my local supermarket sells them for between 10 and 15 Euros complete with pipe. You will probably be able to buy exactly the same BBQ in Europe but it will come with a European regulator.