Sarkozy to speak on TV tonight

breizh

TF1 and TV2 20.15.

The Dwarf will make a speech and will answer questions from a couple of hand picked journo mates, to explain that he has saved the EUR.

Don't expect Paxman!

As for whether the 3rd, or is the 4th, "final comprehensive package" will save the EUR I won't comment. Just to say, bad politicians do not make good economics. Just kicking the can down the street, hopefully til after Sarkel/Merkozy get their elections out the way.

There was one bit which made me sit up and concentrate. When he was talking about TVA, he referred specifically to goods and services. Leaves the door open for TVA increases on food, energy, restaurants, building work, etc.

Has been talked about in the French media. That would lead me to think that those stories were authorised by him, and after he's re-elected (dear dog, NO), TVA will be full rate on everything.

Oh! And how ridiculous and completely 'à côté de la plaque' was he when he made comparisons with the european crisis meetings and the Vatican conclave scenes from the tv series 'Borgia' currently being aired on Canal plus.

Does he think that everyone in France has a budget to cover monthly payments for satelite tv?

He's a clown!

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Oh! And how ridiculous and completely 'à côté de la plaque' was he when he made comparisons with the european crisis meetings and the Vatican conclave scenes from the tv series 'Borgia' currently being aired on Canal plus. Does he think that everyone in France has a budget to cover monthly payments for satelite tv? He's a clown![/quote]

Perhaps he watched it together with Angela FREE on ZDF.[:-))]

http://borgia.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/17/0,1872,8332273,00.html?dr=1

[quote user="idun"]

Well The Borgias was excellent. I watched every episode and hope they do a second series.

The Borgias were treacherous, corrupt and sans scruples........ well, maybe he did give a good description of a meeting of politicans[Www]

[/quote]

Me too - love it! You're right idun not much has changed since then.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

He did send me to sleep !!

Yes, the Borgia allusion was ridiculous.........

Patronizing..

And constantly referring to A Merkel...  does he have a new crush ? [;-)] [:)]

[/quote]

Wish I knew how to incorporate Frenchie's picture into a brand new thread called "Captions Please" but, failing that, can we just look at the very nice photo and think up some apt and funny but not overtly offensive captions that might upset sensibilities?

So.... to get you started, here's my first caption:

Your place or mine?