'Little England' will you be watching?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well much to our amazement we were in the last episode.

Ray and Sophie's pie night was held in our village of Segur le Chateau. It was filmed back around Easter and we happened to be there at the time. Came as a great surprise to see first my wife full screen looking out of a window and shortly afterwards myself doing the same. In between was a local restaurant owner.

Had to laugh at the narrator describing us as "curious French residents" watching the goings on. Well one out of three isn't bad I suppose.

You may be interested to know that the pie nights were then held every Saturday night in July and August and the majority of the customers were French villagers.

Most of the Brits shown on the filming had never set foot in Segur before that day and haven't done since.

I thought it was light entertainment and just that.

Fenman

Interestingly, most of the Brits featured who live in France full time have not been there that long, being fairly recent arrivals. My guess is that if you went back in ten years time, the majority of those who need to work will have returned to the UK. Particularily vunerable is the farmer, as I cannot see how he can support a young family, with such a small area of land and a few head of cattle.