'Little England' will you be watching?

[quote user="David Watton"]I am sure you will all be pleased but this is my final post. I have noticed that there are quite e few people who have posted a large amount of comments over the last few years.They amount to between 3 to 5 posts per day. I would suggest that instead of wasting their time posting on stupid forums they enjoy their time more productively. My own posting was a wind up, you fell for it.[/quote]

Yep that's what I thought 'Troll'

But if your life is so dull you had to wind up a few people on a internet forum then you must be sadder than I first thought of you.[kiss]

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, DW is right, I should be dusting and hoovering and cleaning toilets and cleaning windows, that would be a far better use of my time.

I'm sure he's happily busy with such tasks as they are obviously more utile than me amusing myself on here.

[quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="idun"]

I'm sure he's happily busy with such tasks as they are obviously more utile than me amusing myself on here.

[/quote]

The mind boggles as to what he may be up to while he's been amusing himself on here [+o(][6]

[/quote]

If you are refering to me, I is a she.

[quote user="idun"][quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="idun"]

[/quote]

The mind boggles as to what he may be up to while he's been amusing himself on here [+o(][6]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry not you, the TROLL

[quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="idun"][quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="idun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry not you the TROLL

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

But in this instance, I don't think it matters whether he is a troll or not or indeed what he was trying to do. 

Apart from his posts, we had a very good discussion amongst us and I don't think any of us liked him anyway. 

To go back to the subject, I think Rose made some very good points and, whilst I only watched the one programme, I would have liked to have seen more for the scenery and for information on Dordogne life generally.

What I don't like is people sneering at others' choice of programme.  I do think that snootiness is not an attractive quality.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

But in this instance, I don't think it matters whether he is a troll or not or indeed what he was trying to do. 

Apart from his posts, we had a very good discussion amongst us and I don't think any of us liked him anyway. 

To go back to the subject, I think Rose made some very good points and, whilst I only watched the one programme, I would have liked to have seen more for the scenery and for information on Dordogne life generally.

What I don't like is people sneering at others' choice of programme.  I do think that snootiness is not an attractive quality.

[/quote]

Agreed, Sweet. But what a sad person that must be!

[quote user="David Watton"]I would suggest that instead of wasting their time posting on stupid forums

they enjoy their time more productively. My own posting was a wind up, you fell for it.[/quote]

You're one of the people featured on the show, aren't you? Or no, perhaps one of those rejected by the show... hence the pique... [:D]

[quote user="Catalpa"]You're one of the people featured on the show, aren't you? Or no, perhaps one of those rejected by the show... hence the pique... [:D][/quote]

Which begs the question, how eccentric/unconventional/freaky/bizarre/off-the-wall must you be, compared to your surroundings, to be invited to participate in this type of program?

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Catalpa"]You're one of the people featured on the show, aren't you? Or no, perhaps one of those rejected by the show... hence the pique... [:D][/quote]

Which begs the question, how eccentric/unconventional/freaky/bizarre/off-the-wall must you be, compared to your surroundings, to be invited to participate in this type of program?

[/quote]

Well nobody asked me...[:D] [:P]

[quote user="Clair"]
[/quote]

I don't know about that, Clair.  I would imagine that for some of the people , those with a selling or service business for example, it's a bit of an advertising and PR exercise, don't you think?

Perhaps they were paid to take part and, you know, these are hard times for many.

As I said, I only saw the one programme and it happened to be the one featuring the colonel (or whatever rank he was) and I laughed so hard that, if they promised to feature him again, I'd hurry back from Keep Fit  en express to watch!

I take my time leaving the Keep Fit as I am usually busy after the session, "integrating" LOL, with my neighbours and catchin up on all the local gossip.

Looking as an outsider on our little red-roofed village, you'd think everyone was asleep half the time and that nothing happened but you'd be totally wrong.  Some of the things I've heard through my informal grapevine are enough to send me rushing home afterwards to spill the beans to OH![:D]

[quote user="Catalpa"][quote user="David Watton"]I would suggest that instead of wasting their time posting on stupid forums they enjoy their time more productively. My own posting was a wind up, you fell for it.[/quote]
You're one of the people featured on the show, aren't you? Or no, perhaps one of those rejected by the show... hence the pique... [:D]
[/quote]

Well if he is then he I rest my case. [:D]

Actually we all know how these programs work, I am sure they wouldn't want 'ordinary' people in them as it does not sell. I am sure there are some lovely people living in that part of the world but danger is they all get tarred with the same brush which I have to put my hand up to a bit of doing, shame on me. [:(]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="Clair"]
[/quote]

I don't know about that, Clair.  I would imagine that for some of the people , those with a selling or service business for example, it's a bit of an advertising and PR exercise, don't you think?[/quote]

As a person who has a business I wouldn't dream of going on anything like this because you don't have control over how it's edited and some quite genuine people have been made at times to look right wallies.

Oh, people are just people:  the good, the bad and the ugly, all mixed up in a potpourrie.

And sometimes the bad guys have a spark of goodness in them and the good guys have more than a touch of nastiness.

These shows are, of course, made to entertain, perhaps titillate....

But you don't come to a TV programme, any TV programme or even a book, with a sort of blank slate in your head.  You'd come with your own experiences and own interpretation to draw upon and you take in or reject as a critical viewer.

I see no harm in these programmes at all and, clearly, many people have been enjoying this series.  Therefore, where's the objection?

... [:$] ... so back to my earlier question : was the choir master retiring the last program in the serie ?...

and as a French living abroad : I didn't recognise France at all. To me it was just a parallel universe with some endearing characters who in time will completely melt within French society (thinking of the farming family) without ever asking themselves or their neighbours that sempiternel question 'how do I intergrate [:P]'.

Whilst others like that fusty colonel/army man, he is just an 'arrivé' and merits the ridicule he will have collected from the show. A sort of male Hyacinthe Bookay [:D]

[quote user="Jacqui Too "][quote user="idun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]It is very unfair to speculate as to what his left hand was doing, Jacqui.