Batten Down

Bugsy

Have done so already in Finistère. The sea wasn't too rough earlier although daughter on other side, said earlier they had a storm blowing. Its a bit like the eye of a hurricane here, very very calm and then suddenly, whoosh! and all hell breaks loose. Glad I have no fir or pine trees on the property, they are always the first to come a cropper here due to very shallow roots.

Whew! rough night here, calmed down for a few hours until about 8am and its started again now with intermittent downpours. I have some wood stored in the garden and it was covered with metal scaffolding boards over tarps, those were tossed aside like straws and the house shook so much I thought I would be sitting up in bed outside at one stage. However I do have to say, the night of boxing day 1999 here was far worse and did more damage.

I got woken up by the power turning back on and put the TV on to lull me back to sleep as the wind noise was keeping me awake.  On came a repeat of a programme shown earlier in the week of film taken by ordinary members of the public during the Japanese Tsunami.  It made the sound of the odd plant pot making its own way down the drive seem pretty unsignificant.

Rough night indeed ...  Less than in 1999 , but a tree from my garden has fallen down on the roof of the house the neighbours are rehabilitating... Hope to see them today, hope they haven't gone off on holidays . . .

PS : I ve forgotten to say I am ill and a high temp, not what I need today ![6]