sending stuff to Australia

frexpt

Hi

The POST does have an international section that you can go to and it does offer tracker parcels but just make sure it is not too heavy - or it will be very costly, we nearly had a heart attack at the price to send to S Korea yesterday

http://www.laposte.com/

good luck

Thanks for the reply.  That is the way we have decided to go.  My wife has just gone off to St Maixent, so will learn of the extent of the damage to our finances later.[:(]  We could have just put some cash into the daughter's account at no cost, but no...........must have something to unwrap on Christmas Day!!

Bah.....humbug!![:P]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Chrissie"]

I want to send a large item weighing 20-30 kilos to Australia.  Would a carrier like DHL be the best/safest way?

Chrissie (81)

[/quote]

We ended up paying 40 euros for 1.963 kilos with La Poste.  However, we were able to track the parcel and it was safely delivered a couple of days ahead of the projected date.

We've used couriers for large stuff in the past to various overseas destinations without any problem.  Certainly from the UK, they can be more cost effective that the nationsl postal services.

The Interparcel site does not allow a quote from France to Australia, only from UK to Australia or from France to UK........Hmmmm.  I tried the DHL site and their quote was so expensive my computer nearly burst!  Then I tried Parcel2Go (too heavy for an online quote), Goldstar international (site too complicated), and Fast Lane (who turned out to be a sort of search engine for freight/courier services and came up with...................DHL, but at one-third of the price I got from DHL's own site.)   Very Interesting. 

I will plough on.

Chrissie (81)