Can't stop smiling

Gemonimo

Congratulations.

Have you decided on a 'moniker'

When my daughter gave us the good news in 2006 we were obviously over the moon. There was only one proviso, and that was that the names we wanted to called had to be differant to those already used in the family. I became Nana France and the OH  Grampy.

I'm now Nana and have 4 grandchildren to keep me under control.

My CV now reads making sandcastles, paddling in the sea, and crabbing.[:D]

This grandma frequently plays at hide-and-seek and shops with her two year old, and devises pantomimes with her eight year old( all the dollies lined up as an attentive audience). Both are girls. Her five year old grandson plsys with his dad's wii or bashes everyone with his light sabre.

Two of them are staying over this weekend, I can't wait.

All your tales of grandparenting are just wonderful but helas, it won't be for me just yet.  My daughter had a scan today and was told that the baby had died in utero at fourteen weeks.  She is needless to say rather upset but is being very philosophical about it, feeling that if nature has decided what's best, then she accepts.  She is a very strong lady, ex-army and with combat duty in Iraq under her belt, but this is out of her comfort zone.  Next Monday she will go back to the hospital for a D&C and can then get to grips with the situation. 

But thanks again for all your tales.  There will be another grandchild and I will be just as happy as I have been these last couple of weeks but continue to enjoy your petits enfants and Tratsu, I'm so happy for you and I'm sure everything will go well for your daughter.  La vie continue, non?

I am deeply sorry to hear your news. There is nothing else to say, except to hope that you will have better news on another occasion, and to thank you for this thread which has made me aware that it is so easy to take things for granted.....I  don't see mine as often as I should.

Thanks so much for your messages. A horrible moment for us all but my daughter is quite convinced that it wasn't meant to be and that mother nature was doing what she knows best.  There will be another baby in the future but there is no hurry and  I can assure you that whenever there is another announcement to be made, you will be the first to know[:)]

From a purely practical point of view, I now have time to learn to knit! Thanks again.

Gem, I sent you an email today BEFORE reading your post on here.

Please accept my sympathies and forgive my possible over-excitedness in my message.

As you can imagine, I was watching the tennis and have only now caught up with the day-to-day stuff.

I don't wish to sound ridiculous and I don't mean to treat your news lightly but I guess that, in some ways, life could be like a tennis match.  It's full of ups and downs; you win some and you lose some.

My thoughts are with J and with you......[kiss]