Missing France :-(

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="BIG MAC"]

I have mastered 'tuning out'!

[/quote]I've come to the conclusion that we all manage this in different ways and on different things.  Whilst a kid only has to squeek to send my blood pressure ceiling-wards, a 'Vette at full throttle is like music to me.  I guess noise is like food, what some people find pleasant, others find hateful - I actually know people who like cucumber too.[+o(]. [/quote]

Wheras I love children, but find the whine of racing-car engines akin to the scrape of a fingernail on a blackboard. [;-)]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair ...I like cucumber....particularly pickled cucumber.[:P]

It's funny how a vee engine always sounds better though..then a straight six...inline fours are a bit boring!

Then again I would love to hear what the performance diesel Audis sound like.. and so back to cucumbers.....

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="BIG MAC"]

I have mastered 'tuning out'!

[/quote]I've come to the conclusion that we all manage this in different ways and on different things.  Whilst a kid only has to squeek to send my blood pressure ceiling-wards, a 'Vette at full throttle is like music to me.  I guess noise is like food, what some people find pleasant, others find hateful - I actually know people who like cucumber too.[+o(]. [/quote]

Whereas I love children, but find the whine of racing-car engines akin to the scraping of a fingernail on a bblackboard....[;-)]

Don't know what happened to my first attempt to reply. [:$]

[quote user="KathyF"]

Whereas I love children, but find the whine of racing-car engines akin to the scraping of a fingernail on a bblackboard....[;-)]

[/quote]

Whereas I love racing-car engines, but find the whine of children/grandchildren akin to the scraping of a fingernail on a bblackboard....[;-)]

john