Was Fillon being racist

idun

[quote user="Braco"]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Completely agree with Fillon; superior civilisations have moved forward to humane methods of slaughter; it is quite obvious that the barbaric methods associated with the words kosher & halal should be banned. A morally disgusting accoutrement of inferior civilisations.[/quote]

While I detest all religions and associated practices I do take issue with delusional inferior civilisations comments.

Lets list just a few things that prove our superiority.

The Daly Star and Jordan’s latest exploits.

Moronic soap operas that have lasted decades and will probably last for centuries.

Drug dependency level.

Sink estates full of welfare dependents.

And finally a political class that can whip up the ignorant with just a wave of a flag.

[/quote]

The forensic rhetoric of my post which takes advantage of recent statements by Claude Guéant and François Fillon, interior minister and premier respectively, of the present government is pertinent to the current 2012 Presidential Campaign. The trenchant manner that I have used to accentuate the "amalgam" of ritual slaughter and comparative civilisations is a reflection particularly of Claude Guéant rather than François Fillon.

That said, I am at a complete loss at your list of pseudo-values for a neighbouring anglo-saxon civilisation which apparently are a veritable indisputable answer to current political opinion within the higher echelons of the french government.

But of one thing I am sure any french écolier would be in complete agreement with you.

As for me I am in agreement with Fillon, rhetorically, to be pedantic and repeat the initial phrase of my post.

Malcolm.

[quote user="Quillan"]Thats just the UK Braco, much of the same can be applied to most of the 'superior' western culture.[/quote]

Totally agree. Though not wishing to write an essay I just listed a few points.

I strongly believe that every country, city, town and village has the same spread of positive and negative attributes amongst it people.

[quote user="Richard51"][quote user="Braco"]
[quote user="pachapapa"]superior civilisations have moved forward to humane methods of slaughter;[/quote]

While I detest all religions and associated practices I do take issue with delusional inferior civilisations comments.

[/quote]

Totally agree Braco, that sort of racist comment is both unpleasant and unnecessary.

Mrs R51

[/quote]

I am astounded to learn that I have been classified by fellow forum members as belonging to a wider delusional group, apparently on the basis that I disbelieve that bovines are not inconvenienced by being strung up by their legs and having their throats ritually cut.

A quick look at the wiki on the subject leaves me confused as to which delusional category I myelf fall under; obviously assistance required by better informed thread contributors, thankyou in advance.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

With your assistance I should be able to focus my attention on the specific pathological state afflicting me.

Fortunately I have been able to localise two editions of Jaspers classical treatise locally at the University of Poitiers.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/allgemeine-psychopathologie-ein-leitfaden-fur-studierende-arzte-und-psychologen/oclc/14792250

I am astounded to learn that I have been classified by fellow forum members as belonging to a wider delusional group, apparently on the basis that I disbelieve that bovines are not inconvenienced by being strung up by their legs and having their throats ritually cut.

Hi pachapapa

No statement as to your character was made or inferred – I stated the comment of believing that any given civilisation is superior to any other is delusional.

I would like to know if there is any evidence that a stunned animal actually feels no pain and is more humane vis a vis throat cutting. Or is it that stunned animal offers no resistance and is therefore more more acceptable to those, to whom the thought of an animal thrashing about whilst being slaughtered,is unacceptable?

[quote user="Gardener"]I would like to know if there is any evidence that a stunned animal actually feels no pain and is more humane vis a vis throat cutting. Or is it that stunned animal offers no resistance and is therefore more more acceptable to those, to whom the thought of an animal thrashing about whilst being slaughtered,is unacceptable?[/quote]Given that all mammals have very similar bio chemistry it seems reasonable to assume that as unconscious humans do not feel pain then this applies to other mammals. But of course we cannot be sure this is the case