Disgusted, more fat cats pensions

idun

I knew that the fat cat's get incredible pensions when they leave companies, whether, it appears the company succeeds or fails.

What shocked me tonight on A2 Journal de 8h, was that a PDG at Carrefour was only there for 3 years, 3 years, and he gets 500.000€ for the rest of his life. There was worse, some getting 1.6million€ per year, cannot remember which company, but truly disgusting.

It's simple really vote with your feet. If you don't like these people getting these salaries and pension rights shop elsewhere. If everyone did the same the shops would not make such a big profit and could not afford to pay these 'fat cats'. Same with the banks, change bank.

That sounds fine in theory Q but in practice it's not that easy. I have a very limited choice of supermarkets and I've put what little savings I have into building societies. I'm not aware of a bank which doesn't do this sort of thing.

Hoddy

In France, as they pointed out the other day, it is there to see, by the employees at least, but so complicated that it is nigh on impossible to work out. As with so many things in France at least, (and I'm pretty good with figures usually), and still cannot work out how on earth the CE used to work out the QF.

I suspect that all companies are run in similar manners so where does one shop?

Carrefour isn't renowned for it's ethics:

http://www.just-food.com/news/carrefour-denies-abusive-supplier-contracts_id118572.aspx - Guilty of oppressive contracts with suppliers

http://www.inminds.com/boycott-delta-galil.html - Along with the French supermarket, Auchan, it trades with businesses operating in the illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank (businesses which also exploit local workers.)

Mrs R51

I'd be more annoyed if I was a shareholder rather than a customer. To be honest I don't get the anger directed at people working in the Private Sector. I still find it hard to believe leaders of councils earn far more than David Cameron which to me is more relevant because effectively every UK taxpayer contributes to their pay.

I think the anger directed at the private sector in this thread is because the original post was about someone who had worked for a private company for three years and will receive a pension of E500,000 for the rest of his life.

I have no objection to anyone in either sector being well paid for a job well done, but that seems excessive by any measure.

Hoddy

Fat cat pay annoys me, and disgusts me. Executive pay used to a reasonable amount more than the workers now it is not. Down to the share holders in the private sector ofcourse, but in the public sector it is a real disgrace.

The local Emperor........ (I believe that they are known as the Council Executive, or some such thing).........here wants nothing to do with the public, gets a salary that is enormous and does a lousy job. Would that I could get them out.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Hoddy"]Fat cat's pensions, the cost of shoplifters, we the customers pay in the end. I can't see much difference between them except in matters of scale.

Hoddy[/quote]

Not to mention the constant mistakes in the bills - all to THEIR advantage natch.