Parking ticket

Sheesh, Morlaix is becoming like a police state. I had a ticket for parking in a none bay in a free car park, well out of the way of other cars but just for 15 minutes to drop off some papers.

This is so pathetic I never even knew you could get a ticket in a none paying car park.

The parking is horrendous now and it is really difficult to find anywhere.  To be gone for 15 minutes though with the dog in the car and the windows open, not blocking anyone in or not on the pavement is just unbelievable.

Has anyone appealed against a ticket for parking? I would definitely if i was in the UK but feel that this may be a little overzealous. Is it worth it?

[quote user="Georgina"]Sheesh, Morlaix is becoming like a police state. I had a ticket for parking in a none bay in a free car park, well out of the way of other cars but just for 15 minutes to drop off some papers.
This is so pathetic I never even knew you could get a ticket in a none paying car park.
 The parking is horrendous now and it is really difficult to find anywhere.  To be gone for 15 minutes though with the dog in the car and the windows open, not blocking anyone in or not on the pavement is just unbelievable.

Has anyone appealed against a ticket for parking? I would definitely if i was in the UK but feel that this may be a little overzealous. Is it worth it?
[/quote]

I suspect that somewhere in the car park, probably where nobody walks past, is a list of conditions of parking and one no doubt will be that you must be in a parking bay.

It's probably the Police so you could try at the mayors office.

Was this at the Impôts in Pouliet? If you parked where it was not marked with lines I'm afraid they will fine you as the car park is designated free but within the marked out spaces,not anywhere else. We noticed this several times on visits there as the public car park is only half the spaces it was before the Impôts rebuilt their offices and is usually taken up by the workers anyway. Also the space for negotiating that area is now very limited as well and non-space parked vehicles maybe actually blocking it. Appologies if not Pouliet but that is the only place I can think of that would fit your fine.

[quote user="Georgina"]Thanks I will do that, but who do i ask for exactly?
[/quote]

They normally have a reception, I would suggest you might try there first, explain the problem and they should point you in the right direction.

Ok Quillan thanks

No Val it was at the Caf. Normally there are loads of spaces but because they have upped the charges in Morlaix the workers are parking higher out of town. I was just dropping off some papers but it was full and it took 15 minutes. I was not blocking anyone in and there was adequate space to leave the car with the windows down and the dog inside. I didn't want to park long as I had to leave the windows open .  Pity I missed him coming. I would never have thought that I could get a fine in that circumstance. They certainly are getting a bit keen. People outside the caf always block other cars dropping stuff off but I hadn't. I was up against the pavement.

I think I know where you mean, we have always had to deal with Brest or Rennes regarding CAF matters. That is the parking rampe st.Nicholas I believe and I would never leave a car there all day it has a very bad reputation for theft and vandalism I'm afraid and its where they put the "travellers" too!

Hi Georgina-last year I got a ticket at Bordeaux airport-parked in a bay which looked like it was for dropping off at the Billi. I was helping my disabled mum to drop off her bags. I was so incensed-I appealed against it. I had to wait for about 8 weeks for a response but they quashed the fine and apologised. The area now sports lovely green bollards to stop anyone parking now. So. yes-it is worth appealing