Local Sapeurs

Whilst we were last out at the house my wife took a really bad dizzy turn in the local supermarket and ended up being carted off to hospital by ambulance.  I want to send a note, probably by email, to acknowledge the help they provided and was considering sending it to the mairie.  Can anyone please tell me if there is usually any official connection with the local sapeur-pompiers and the mairie?

[quote user="Sydney and Huggy"] I want to send a note, probably by email ... [/quote]

What a lovely idea ... but maybe a hand-written note might be appreciated, as it could be passed around or displayed on the notice board for all to see.

Our small local town (7000 people) has a caserne and the door to the office is open most of the time. So, perhaps, you could call into your caserne and hand in your note.

Sue

Thank you for the good wishes for my wife - she's very much better.  Seems to have been an infection or something in the middle ear.  Saw our own GP after we came home and whilst he's not overly concerned, he has referred her to the ENT clinic (no idea of how long we'll have to wait for that though).

Our Sapeur-Pompiers at Souvigny appear to be part-timers as most days when we pass their depot there's no cars outside and the place is closed, although they did arrive very quickly and I did confirm they were from the Souvigny base.  Unfortunately we are not due to return to the house until later in the year, it would have been easy to drop a letter through the door.  I might just go down the hand written note (with a Google translation as none of them spoke any English on the day!) and pop it in the post directly to them.  Whilst I was more than happy to bring their prompt response and care to the attention of the mairie, it was a slight concern that maybe the plaudits would not be passed on to the crew who attended.

[quote user="Sydney and Huggy"]Our Sapeur-Pompiers at Souvigny appear to be part-timers as most days when we pass their depot there's no cars outside and the place is closed...[/quote]

Are these them?

If so, I would address the letter to their to their Chef de Centre (Major PARILLAUD Alain) and send it to to the Centre de Secours Pompiers, 03210 Souvigny.

I think most sapeurs/pompiers are volunteers in country areas. They have other other jobs and are called away in an emergency. So there won't usually be anyone at the depot. But there'll always be a letterbox there.

I've posted a cheque to ours a few times, as they have been excellent, and the money goes towards funds for bereaved families of the S/Ps.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="Sydney and Huggy"]Our Sapeur-Pompiers at Souvigny appear to be part-timers as most days when we pass their depot there's no cars outside and the place is closed...[/quote]

Are these them?

If so, I would address the letter to their to their Chef de Centre (Major PARILLAUD Alain) and send it to to the Centre de Secours Pompiers, 03210 Souvigny.

[/quote]

Yep, that's them.  I see a couple of them that were there for us.  I'll get a note sent off to the Major.  Thank you all for your help.

[quote user="Sydney and Huggy"]Yep, that's them.  I see a couple of them that were there for us.  I'll get a note sent off to the Major.  Thank you all for your help.[/quote]

Let me know if you need help with the note... [:)]